-7-

24 December 2016

Niall 

I opened his front door, and walked in. It just didn't feel like his house. His house was always filled with laughter or music or some sort of happiness, just like he was. But now it was like every kid's nightmare. Scary.

I placed my spare key on the table, after locking the front door behind me. Ever since Louis and Liam's 'incident' , we've all always locked the doors and windows as a precaution.

Then I walked into the living room. I looked around to find it empty. I frowned at the emptiness, as this was the room Louis always sat in, in the seat nearby the window, where Rachel would always sit.

Maybe, he's getting a snack. I thought, entering the kitchen. Maybe I can get a snack. 

I frowned once more, when I saw he wasn't in here as well. I walked out of the kitchen. 

"Louis?" I asked to anyone who might hear. He must've gone out. And that's when I heard a clank from upstairs. why didn't I just check there?

I walked up the stairs and towards their bedroom. I placed my hand on the handle just to hear muffled laughter coming from inside. I scrunched my eyebrows together, trying to figure out why he's laughing.

I open the door and slowly step in. The room was a mess. An utter ridiculous mess. There were clothes everywhere and shoes were thrown across the room, as though someone had been searching for something.

Once again, I heard laughter, but it was coming from his washroom and it sounded a bit more louder. I walked towards it and saw the door was open a crack. I peeped in to see Louis standing in front of the mirror and smiling as he held something.

I couldn't clearly see what it was, until the light fell correctly on it. 

what the fuck?

It was a fucking razor and it was covered in fucking blood. his fucking blood.    

I backed away from the door and let out an unmanly sound, causing Louis to stop his laughing and turn his head towards the door.

I quickly and quietly rushed out of the room, careful to shut the door. I didn't give two fucks whether I had been discovered or not. I found out something I wasn't supposed. My own best friend.

That was why he flinched earlier at Liam grabbing his arm. That's why he didn't want to do anything tonight. He's self harming. 

I grabbed the spare key and walked out the front door, locked it and ran to my car. I got in and just drove straight. I drove passed a few more houses and stopped in the middle of the empty road. I sat there and looked at the steering wheel. 

My fucking bestfriend cuts himself. 

⬜⬛

I stopped in front of the cafe I told Harry and Liam to meet me in. I walked in and saw Liam sitting there checking his phone. I walk to the counter and order myself a cup of tea before walking towards Liam and sitting down opposite him.

"Where the fuck is Harry?" I say getting slightly irritated, making Liam look up at me in surprise.

 "Sorry didn't see you there." He said, chuckling. 

"Hi." Harry said, popping out of no where and grabbing a chair, before sitting down, putting his coffee down.

A waiter comes by and serves me my tea and Liam his coffee.