Recruitment

"So Mae, are you going to tell me what you're hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything." Mae said nearly choking on her water.

"You do realize that I've known you long enough to know when you are lying." Vegeta scowled it wasn't like her to keep secrets from him.

"Well I can assure you that there's nothing." Mae stammered. "Anyway, I gotta go see Krillin and 18, see ya later!"

Before Vegeta could say anything she was already in the air. She felt a pang of guilt deep in her stomach. She hated lying especially to Vegeta, but Gohan made her promise not to tell anyone about the universes being erased. Before she knew it she was at Krillin's house. She paused before knocking so she could collect herself. Slowly, she knocked on the door and was greeted by Android 18.

"Oh hey Mae what brings you here?" 18 asked as she brushed her hair back.

"Is Krillin here with my dad?" Mae asked as she walked inside.

"No, not yet. Krillin is still at work." 18 said.

"Mae!" Marron came running up.

"Hello little one," Mae squatted down and patted her blonde hair. The little girl looked so much like Krillin but she had her mother's hair.

"Did you come to visit my mommy?" Marron asked brightly.

"I'm actually here to see your mommy and daddy!" She smiled at the little girl.

"Marron, why don't you go play while we wait for daddy." 18 smiled softly. "Mae would you like some tea?"

They didn't wait long before Krillin, Gohan, and Goku finally showed up. After exchanging pleasantries they sat down and explained the Tournament of Power to Krillin and 18.

"So that's why we are here we need ten members." Mae said.

"Won't you enter Krillin?" Goku asked smiling at his friend.

"Hmm, I don't know," Krillin pondered.

"I think you should. This is why you bought all that training equipment right." 18 said to her husband.

"Okay then if you think I should then I will!" Krillin said.

"18 we also would like you to enter." Gohan said.

"No." 18 said flatly.

"Why not?!" Mae asked urgently.

"Because I have Marron and I'm not going to do this for free." 18 said.

"You can leave Marron with Bulma. It's a really fun place!" Goku said trying to persuade her.

"This is just a game right. What aren't you telling me." 18 glared at Goku.

"Well the thing is the winner gets 10 million zeni." Goku laughed nervously.

"That's only one million each." 18 pointed out.

"No it's 10 million each." Goku said.

"Fine then I'll enter too." 18 smiled at them.

"Awesome!" Mae said excitedly.

"Krillin, I want to spar with you." Gohan said narrowing his eyes. "Dad says you've gotten stronger but if it's okay with you, I would like to see for myself."

"Sure we can do that, Gohan." Krillin agreed.

They found a rocky place near the sea. Gohan and Krillin each stood on a rock pillar as Mae, Goku, 18, and Marron sat in the grass nearby. She could taste the salt in the air as the cool breeze blew through her hair. She was excited so see her twin fighting again.