You Get Hurt

Jack Skellington

You were sitting on the sofa with a needle and thread, working on a new tree skirt since the old one was worn out. Thing is, Jack didn't know about this, so you decided to surprise him. The sofa was up against one of the windows, and the snow was falling gracefully outside. You let your eyes wander, following the delicate frosty patterns on the glass. Suddenly, you felt your fingers shift, and you accidentally stuck the needle just under your fingernail. You tried to bite back a scream of pain as tears welled up in your eyes, but you couldn't hold it in for long.

*insert squirrel from Ice Age screaming* You slapped a hand over your mouth to stop any more noise, but you could hear the echoes around the house. You stuck your finger in your mouth and tasted blood. "Shoot...I gotta clean this up..." you mumbled, walking into the bathroom and getting some gauze. As you went back into the living room, you were surprised to see Jack standing in front of you. "Y/N, I heard you scream. What happened?" he asked worriedly.

"N-Nothing, just pricked my finger." you said, keeping your eyes trained on your unfinished work. Jack noticed this, and turned around. "Y/N, what's this, Prince/Princess?" he asked with his usual curiosity. There was no hiding it now. "I was making a new tree skirt because the old one got worn out, but I, uh, had a minor setback..." you confessed, seeing that your wound had stopped bleeding. "Well, be more careful next time, okay?" Jack said.

"Sure, but what about my work?" you asked, remembering that the tree skirt was unfinished. "Don't worry! I'll have Sally finish it up! You did a fantastic job with the design, but your mother's better with needles." Jack said, patting you on the head. In a few short minutes, the new tree skirt was at the base of the Christmas tree. The design featured tiny snowflakes against a black background, a flying coffin pulled by a team of skeleton deer, and an all too familiar figure silhouetted against a golden full moon.

Edward Scissorhands

You were always enchanted by your father's ice carving skills, but you'd never seen it up close. So, one day, you decided to ask him if you could see how he did it. "Sure, Y/N! I'd be happy to show you!" Edward had said with a sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes. The two of you went up to the top room where it all happened, and you both stood in front of a new block of ice. "Just sit back, relax, and watch the magic happen, Snowflake." Edward said, getting his scissorhands ready. A split second later, they were only blurs as the air was filled with a whirlwind of snowflakes.

Edward smiled as you danced around in the snow like you always did. It made him feel like there was a little fragment of the one he once loved inside you that refused to die. He was so busy reminiscing that he totally forgot what he was doing, and he snapped out of it. But not before hearing a familiar sound that he hated. The sound of metal against skin. He turned to find you with your hand covering your cheek. 

"Y-Y/N?!" Edward shouted, scared out of his mind. "I-It's all right, Daddy....it's just a scratch!" you said, trying to calm him down.  You then felt your face being pressed into soft black leather, and you wrapped your arms around your father, hugging him tightly. "L-Let me look at it..." Edward said, breaking away from the hug. You turned your head so he could see. It was a razor thin cut that was just starting to bleed a bit.

"It doesn't look too bad. It might scar, though." Edward said after a few moments. You didn't think that was such a bad thing. It actually seemed kinda cool to have a scar. Still, you were careful after that whole experience.

Beetlejuice

You can't get hurt. You're dead, so you're numb to physical pain.

Sweeney Todd

"Father, can Toby and I go play outside?" you asked Sweeney one morning. Sweeney smiled. "Sure, Y/N. Just be back before dinner, okay Son/Dear?" You nodded and went out the door leaping for joy. "Toby! Toby! He said yes!" you called after your friend. "Great! So, what do you wanna do?" Toby asked.

You thought for a moment. "How about the library? I heard there are lots of great books that seem right up our alley!" Toby grinned widely. "Library it is!" The two of you took off running. Halfway there, however, your foot caught on a rock, and Toby couldn't catch you in time.

You had no time to stop yourself from slamming into the cobblestone street. You sat up in a daze, groaning in pain and holding your nose. "Y/N! Are you all right?!" Toby asked, helping you up. "T-Toby...M-M-My nose hurts!" you moaned, your white shirt/blouse stained crimson with the blood leaking from your nose. "Does it hurt when I touch it?" Toby asked. "YES! YES! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES!" you screamed in pain.

"Chill out, Y/N....I didn't even touch it." Toby pushed open the door of the barber shop with the side of his body, his arms holding onto you. "Mr. Todd! There's a problem here!" Toby called. Sweeney came down the stairs and dropped the razor he had in his hand in shock. "Y-Y/N! What happened?!" Sweeney said, a tone of fear in his voice. You and Toby explained everything.

After you had a few tissues wadded up in your nose to stop the bleeding, the doctor came over. Turns out the fall had broken your nose.