Sweeney Todd(Request)

Requested by thepeanutsout2007

Charlie opened the door of the barbershop with a spring in her step. "Father, I'm home from school!" She called, her hazel-green eyes sparkling. Sweeney returned her smile. "How was your day, Darling?" he asked, taking the school bag from her shoulder. "Oh, it was great!" Charlie replied. "Hey, I'm gonna go spend some time with Brownie, okay?"

Sweeney's expression suddenly darkened. "Ch-Charlie, I don't think that would be such a good idea." Charlie tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean, Father?" she asked. Sweeney was silent for a moment. "N-Never mind, Dear." He said.

"I'll call you down when dinner's ready." Charlie smiled. "Okay, Father! Love ya!" Sweeney chuckled as his daughter threw her arms around his shoulders in a hug. His expression became gloomy as he watched her disappear up the stairs. Gritting his teeth and running a hand through his dark ash colored hair, he whispered, "I'm so sorry, Charlie..."

TIMESKIP

Charlie walked into her room and sat down in front of the terrarium that was the home of her beloved spider, Brownie. Her eyes narrowed in confusion as she realized that Brownie should be in plain sight. He was quite hard to miss, being so big. "Brownie probably hasn't woken up yet, or he's just lazy." Charlie said to herself. "It's ok, I'll wait."

TWO HOURS LATER

Charlie looked at the pocket watch in the pocket of her blouse, and saw that it was 5:30 PM. Almost dinnertime. She turned her eyes back to the terrarium, and saw that Brownie hadn't come out yet. Charlie stood up, smoothing out her skirt and picking a book out of the book case in her room. "Oh well, Brownie probably won't want to come out if I'm looking." She thought, sitting down on the bed and opening the book. "I'll keep waiting for a while longer."

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

Charlie ignored her growling stomach as she averted her eyes from her book to look at Brownie's terrarium. She had skipped dinner and told her father she wasn't hungry, but in reality, she was worried about Brownie. She wasn't that hungry, anyway. Finally, Charlie started feeling a bit irritated. She walked over to the terrarium, took off the lid, and lifted up the plastic dome Brownie slept in. What she saw made her drop it in shock.

"B.....Brownie...?" She whispered, carefully lifting her little friend out and cradling him gently in her palms. "C'mon, stop it, Brownie. Y-You're scaring me!" Charlie felt tears pricking in her eyes as she gently rubbed Brownie's fuzzy body with her thumb. Brownie didn't even twitch a leg. Tears spilled from Charlie's hazel-green eyes as she realized that the spider her father managed to tolerate was dead. Charlie's knees hit the floor as she clutched Brownie's body to her chest, sobbing.

The grief and anguish was too much for Charlie to bear, and she threw her head back, screaming. Almost instantly, she heard the door open, and looked to see Sweeney kneeling in front of her, a look of sadness in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Dear..." he whispered, gently enveloping Charlie's trembling body in a hug. "Why...didn't you tell me...?" Charlie mumbled into Sweeney's shoulder. "I didn't want to ruin your day, Charlie. You were in such a good mood, I just couldn't." Sweeney replied. After crying for a while, Charlie stood up and wiped her eyes.

"C'mon, Father." she said, trying to be strong despite the tears running ceaselessly down her cheeks. "Let's bury him." The only dirt they could find was in a flowerpot, but it would have to do. Charlie found a loose stone on the pavement, brought it inside, and made it into a gravestone, writing the following words in red ink:

R.I.P Brownie Todd