Finding Forever (Tom Hiddleston Fanfic)

[Prologue]

Beautiful. If you told me to describe the world in one word. That word would be beautiful. Well, at least through my camera.

It seemed that everything looked better, if you looked at it, through a photogragher's eye. And that's why I loved my job. My job gave me a different perspective on the world, and nature.

I enjoyed being a photographer. It was easy, and I loved it. Not many people can say that about their job.

I snapped some shots of the brightly painted trees against the clear blue sky. How the colors went so perfectly together. And I got lost in the sight.

The sound of my phone ringing made me jump. I had to catch my breath before answering.

"Hello?" I said while trying to balance my coffee, my camera, and my cell phone.

"Ariana, hey I know you're busy, but would it be okay if you meet me in the park tonight at 7? I have something I'd like to talk to you about." John said.

"Um, sure. I'll be there." I responded, Trying to figure out what he wanted to talk to me about. He wanted me to go to the park... the park was where we had our first date. This had to be big.

John and I have been dating for 7 years. Although sometimes, I like to think it was 9 years. I met him when I was 18. At our high school graduation party. And ever since then, we've been together. We were, technically high school sweethearts. We hadn't really started dating for a couple of years, but ever since we met, we couldn't hide the way that we felt for one another. I'm glad we took it slow. But 7 years is slow enough, and I think it was time for a big move.

So I was beginning to get the idea, that this may be the night. The night John proposes.

My heart began beating almost out of my chest. I tried acting as calm as possible on the phone with him. "Okay, I'll see you at 7."

"Okay, have a good day Ariana." He said before hanging up.

When our call ended. I wanted to scream with excitement.

I stood in my tracks. "Oh my gosh." I said to myself.

I had to tell someone. So I called the one person i told everything to, my best friend. My mom.

She answered. "Ariana. Aren't you supposed to be working?"

I laughed. "Yeah, but I had to tell you something quick. John just called. He wants me to meet him in the park tonight. He says he wants to talk with me."

"What do you think the talk will be about?" She asked.

"Mom, I think he might propose to me." I answered.

"What!? My little girl is getting engaged!" She screamed through the phone.

I smiled. "Maybe!"

"Ariana, I'm so happy for you! Good luck tonight!" She said with enthusiasm.

"Thanks Mom, Okay I'll call you tonight to tell you everything. Love you!"

"I love you too, Honey." She said sweetly.

-

-

I stood there, in the park. Hands shaking, heart racing. Waiting for John.

The sun was gone, and the sky was a dark blue color. As impatient as I am, I kept checking my watch. I think I checked the time about 100 times in the last 5 minutes.

"Ariana? Is that you." John said.

I turned around to face him. "John!" I said as I pulled him in for a hug.