Photos

Monday. Work starts today. I got up and wobbled to the bathroom, to get ready for the day. I had to be at London Photo by 10 am.

I decided to forget about the whole Tom thing for now. We hadn't talked since Saturday, when he tried to kiss me. Maybe I was just scared, or angry, but I knew that I was avoiding him. He called me yesterday, and I just couldn't answer. I wasn't in the mood for another awkward talk. I knew he'd want to talk about the kiss, or he'd want to know about me. And I didn't want to bring up either of those subjects.

I grabbed my camera equipment and my purse, and left for the agency.

It was in walking distance from my house. Which was good, because I still was not a master of driving on the other side of the car.

And this time, I was NOT going to get lost. I made sure to really look out for street signs and pay attention.

It was about a 15 minute walk. I got in and walked to the front desk.

The lady at the front desk looked up to me. "Good morning, how may I help you today?" She said cheerfully.

I looked at her and tried to act as cheerful as she was. "Good morning, I'm supposed to speak to Lucy today. My name is-"

She cut me off and finished my sentence. "You are Ms. Harrington! Its a pleasure to meet you. I'll show you to Lucy's office."

She got up and motioned me to follow her. As we walked, she looked at me, and smiled. "This agency really loves your work. You photos are very artsy. And Lucy is a big fan."

I grinned. "Well, I'm happy to hear that you love my work."

She opened a door and looked inside before looking back to me. "You have a good day, Ms. Harrington."

She was opening the door for me, this must have been Lucy's office. I walked in and the lady shut the door behind me, she was gone.

"Ariana!" A woman said from inside the room. It was that same voice that was over the phone. The girly, British voice. I looked around the corner, to see the woman, Lucy.

I walked to her desk. "Yes, that's me!"

She stood up from her desk and let out her hand for a handshake. "Very nice to finally see the girl behind the marvelous photos!"

I shook her hand. "Well, thank you. I can't believe I'm here."

She smiled. "You can sit down, if you'd like." She pointed to the chair in front of her desk.

I sat down, just as she did. She looked at me. "Okay, well like I said on the phone, we love your photos. They are very natural. And that is a subject, the our agency really isn't good at capturing, nature. We mostly do, more generic photos. So, we felt as if we needed you. Your photos could really give this agency the attention that it deserves."

I nodded, listening to her.

It was kind of a scary thought. They were counting on me. This was my big shot. I felt a pit in my stomach. I really can't screw this up.

Lucy continued speaking. "Ariana, we are giving you, your own office, your own help, everything you need. All we ask is that you give us, some good photos. Do you think you can do that?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Yes ma'am. I can do that."

She grinned. "Great! We want your first project to be, a project that is perfect for you. Nature. Trees, skies, the outdoors. Its perfect for this season."