Assistant

The next morning, I woke up well rested.

I couldn't think of anything else but the Nature photo project. I only had 4 days to finish. I knew it was drawing closer and closer, and I was freaking out.

I couldn't keep procrastinating. I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Why is it that, when I take these photos, I feel like they aren't good?

I scrolled through my photos of yesterday, when I went for the walk with Tom.

I had 200 photos of the same thing. I needed a different view. I needed something New. And unique.

As I deleted each picture, one at a time, my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ariana! Hey!" Tom said.

I was a little shocked to hear his voice. He's never called me before, its always been the other way around.

"Oh hey Tom, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking of you..." he said.

That was weird. Awkward. He was thinking of me?

He must have noticed how awkward that sounded too, because then he said, "Well, I wasn't thinking of you, I'm not a creep. But you were on my mind... you popped into..." He huffed. Finally finding the right words to say. "How are you?"

I covered the phone with my hand so that he couldn't hear me laugh. Then I stopped and smiled. "I'm, okay. So, you were thinking of me?"

He laughed softly with embarrassment. "Yeah, well I wanted to know if you'd want to hang out again today?"

"Well I'd love to, but I can't. I have to work on this Photo project for work. I haven't even started it yet, and it needs to be done by Wednesday." I said.

He chuckled. "May I ask why you haven't started?"

I sighed. "I have tried to start it, but every photo I take, just seems, unoriginal. They all look the same. Boring. And I don't want that! I want originality. I really want to impress the agency. To show them that I can do this. That they didn't make a mistake by hiring me. Its just, a big responsibility."

"I completely understand that." Tom said. "I get that feeling a lot, while acting. A feeling that, if you screw it up, you won't be able to redeem yourself. Its pretty scary."

I nodded. "Yeah. It is. I'm happy that at least someone knows how I feel."

"Do you want some help?" He asked.

"What?" I said, surprised.

"Well, I know I'm no photographer, but I can be your assistant. Maybe show you some good spots in London, to take photos. I could just, help." He explained.

I grinned. "You would really do that?"

"Of course I would." He said.

I smiled. "Alright. You can come on by my house and we'll get started."

"See you soon, boss." He said.

I laughed at his comment. He always had a nickname for me. I doubt that 'Ariana' will be my name to him for much longer.

"See you later... Creep." I said back to him.

He chuckled. "Oh, I see how it is."

-

-

When there was a knock on the door, I knew who it was.

I opened the door. Tom stood there, with a camera around his neck and a big grin on his face. "Did someone ask for an assistant?" He joked.