Ari

I dialed Tom's number. There was a good chance that he wouldn't answer. Considering the fact that he's probably at the premiere after-party right now. But I let the phone ring anyway. On the fourth ring, I heard Tom's voice over the phone.

"Hello?" He said. It was quiet in the background, which surprised me. I thought I'd be hearing loud after-party music.

"Hey Tom, I have good news! And it has something to do with my Photo Project that you helped me with." I said, hinting at him.

"Don't tell me! I want to hear it in person." He said.

I laughed. "Okay, so when do you plan on seeing me again?"

"Now." Tom said, just as there was a knock on my front door.

I laughed quietly to myself.

I hung up the phone, fully aware that the knock on the door, was Tom.

I opened the door. Tom was dressed in a tux. Black. Pretty classy. Very attractive. I must admit, I stared at him.

Tom eyes stared back at me until I finally snapped out of my trance. "Aren't you supposed to be sipping champagne and conversing with other Actors right now?" I asked.

He smiled softly. "I guess I'd rather be here."

I smiled back. A half smile. My moms words from earlier were still in the back of my mind. I can't let him get too close.

"So what's the good news, Ari?" He asked.

I was just about to tell him, and then I stopped. I played his question back, in my head. I looked up to Tom, standing in my doorway. "Did you just call me Ari?"

He smiled. "Well, you told me to call you that... didn't you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. But, I didn't think you remembered." I stared at him, in amazement.

He stared back. "You are very hard to forget." He said slowly.

"Well, are you gonna let the man in? Or just leave him in the hallway all night?" My mom said from inside the apartment.

Her comment made me laugh with embarrassment. "Oh, Yeah. Come on in."

Tom swiftly walked by me and into my apartment. I shut the door behind him.

"Its nice to see you again, Mrs. Harrington." Tom said, speaking to my mother.

"You too Tom. And don't you look handsome tonight. Ariana, don't you think he looks handsome?" She added as she looked over to me.

My eyes widened with shock when she asked me that.

Tom looked back at me. You could tell that Tom was feeling a bit awkward.

I grinned at Tom. "You look very handsome tonight." I said to him.

Tom smiled and looked down to the ground. Avoiding eye contact.

My mom broke the awkward silence. "Well, Ariana has some great news to share with you. So I'll just be going to take a shower. And I'll leave you two alone." She walked off and into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I sighed. "Well..."

His lips curled as he tried not to laugh. "So, you think I'm handsome?"

I rolled my eyes. "You look good in a tux."

"Ari, are you flirting with me?" He said, obviously enjoying this moment.