No past, just the future

Present day 

I've been in the glade for a year now, I only really have ever told one person my real name, newt knows my name is hope but to everyone else, I'm 'owl', I remember more than anyone else but not enough to matter.

FLASHBACK

I woke up in a box, food was in here as well but I was scared to how the hell I got here, what I was doing for the last eighteen years and what they wanted with me. I curled up to my knees and sat against the side of the cage as light broke through the top " guys, it's a girl" I stood up, I remembered how to shoot a bow and I wasn't a bad shot either, how to fight with a knife and sadly, how to sing, like I'd ever need that, what am I gonna do? Serenade the enemy into a deep sleep? I saw a blonde boy jump down "it's normal to not remember your name for the first few days-"" owl" he was right I didn't remember my name but I wanted a new one anyway, any link to my past, I didn't want, he looked surprised "welcome to the glade owl" he gave the food to the other people up above and then helped me out before climbing out himself "I'm newt"

FLASHBACK OVER

I was now a medjack and part time runner, another girl had arrived a few months ago, I think her name was Teresa. I forgot to mention newt and I are more than friends, we are kind of a couple "Hope, are you here?" I saw him walk around the tree behind me,

 I was taking my stress out on a tree by shooting arrows into the heart of it, I was getting tired of gally beating up Thomas, I was always the one to heal him, I saw newt step to my side and as I raised my bow to fire again, he placed his hand on my arm and took the arrow from my hands then started playing with it "I know trees don't feel pain but still, it's a little harsh don't ya think?" He was talking about the number of arrows in the tree " be greatful it's not you" I saw him smirk "I'm glad I'm not the tree, Thomas comes first. Not gally"  

I knew he was meant to be working"he needs healing again doesn't he?" I saw him open his mouths to try and make it sound like he didn't probably by saying 'well I wouldn't put it that way, maybe some healing balms, at worst a new face love' "Newt, does he need me or not?"  He smiled, I liked it when he smiled like that, he knew he'd been beaten "Hope, at least give me a chance to cover it up. But yes he does need your attention"

I marched past him but he caught my arm on the way past "behave Hope, gally is the strongest around here, Alby may be in charge but that doesn't mean gally can't give orders. I don't want to be the one to banish you" I gave him a snarky smile then rolled my eyes and walked to the medjack hut.

I walked in to see three people trying to calm down gally and Thomas sat on a bed, with  a black eye and busted lip "Honestly Gally, control your bloody temper before I have to control it for you" I heard newt walk in and sit in the corner, he always had to make sure I 'behaved', no one asked him to, he liked to make sure I was no where near getting banished. I pressed a cloth to Thomas's eye "so what were you boys fighting about now? Who runs the maze? Who owns newt? Let me guess leadership?" I heard gally surge forward to fight me but Minho stopped him knowing my mouth never had a zip on it unless I was pissed or upset.

The only thing keeping me calm was a memory of a bonfire we had, that was the first time newt and I danced together, while caring for Thomas, he kept giving me those sweet brown eyes, I gave my patient an ice pack and walked out and was about to head back to my stress-tree when newt dragged me over to the homestead and into my room, but before he entered the room, he locked the door, this was his own special way of punishing me for being snarky to gally. Somewhere in my heart I knew he'd do this but I knew how to get him back.