Silent Words

A few hours later

I stood outside watching people as they spoke to the Seed family, I was pulled out my thoughts as I felt eyes on me. I followed the gaze to who I believed was John Seed who immediately started whispering to Jacob with his eyes not leaving mine, I turned my back on them and stared at the forest trying to listen in "Who's the girl in red?" Newt came in front of me and got the message and acted like he was talking to me "They call her 'Owl', part of a group of kids in Holland Valley, some say she's their leader but the boy she's talking to, the kid with the limp, he's the real leader" Newt kept his eyes partially on me and mumbled under his breath what they were doing and when it was safe for me to turn around "She's got Hope's eyes" i took all I had not to bolt at that mention of my name "I asked if she knew Hope, she said there had never been another girl except the other one in the group" I heard a sigh "you hadn't considered maybe she is Hope? She's old enough" I gestured to the woods and started walking in with newt trailing behind me.

Once I was in I whistled for peaches and kept my eyes open for movement "are you alright? Cause I feel like your going to be a twat soon" I stepped over a log "something felt familiar about Joseph's voice, why does it feel familiar if those memories are gone? Why would they let us go and just leave us alone? Because they want us to tear each other apart and right now, right now I'm tearing myself apart trying to work it out. What was so important back then that they couldn't let us keep? Cause they let us keep Gally and Thomas which are a nightmare so it's gotta be something bigger than that" his hand layed on my shoulder "don't do this to yourself, whatever it was, was linked to the glade and now we're out of the glade so it shouldn't matter...but it does, what worries me if how far are you willing to go to remember what you shouldn't?"

I shrugged "depends what it is that I'm remembering" I sat against a tree and watched him as he slowly slid down next to me, I whistled 'We will rise again' into the open forest air and listened for the echo. I heard a twig snap in the distance "Newt...We're not alone" we got up slowly "you have to go, if they find you...you know what happened to Chuck" he touched my cheek "you won't do anything to kill me, your too strong" I pointed in the direction of where camp was "you never know until it's too late" he sped in the direction I pointed to and I turned to the river and gripped a knife in my belt. I heard footsteps behind me and threw the knife as I turned around, didn't expect who I saw. I spun to see John Seed himself dodging a knife "a little far from home aren't we little sheep?" I grabbed my knife from the tree "I prefer owl" I put my knife in my band "I hear you've been in Fall's end" I shrugged "it's where we ended up" I could feel the 'Hope Seed' question on the tip of his tongue, can he just ask it already?! As much as I hated lying to my own brother, we both needed this. He could concentrate more on all of this without having to worry about his little sister almost getting herself killed every night and I needed answers and memories.

"Does the name 'Hope Seed' ring any bells?" I glanced at the white and gold revolver in his hand "I wouldn't know if I did" I walked in front of him and put the barrel of the gun to my forehead, I knew he wouldn't shoot me, he had a look in his eyes and he still needed answers "go on, pull the trigger" I could see his confidence and placed his forefinger on the trigger but couldn't pull it back. "You look too much like Hope" I smiled and put one of my hands over his eyes "the glade takes our memories to make us into weapons, so we can't get back at them, so even if I knew Hope, I wouldn't remember knowing her. I want my memories back more than anyone else, but Newt's right, there's nothing we can do to get them back. Just put me out of my misery" I could sense him wanting to pull the trigger but the fact I was his sister was holding him back, something inside him was saying not to shoot the girl before him. I lowered the barrel to the floor "just as I thought, you can't kill because of the possibility. And that makes you weak and vulnerable which gets you killed" I smiled at the gun with my hands behind my back "I could shoot you now without regret or hesitation, but guns aren't really my thing"

I walked backwards "see ya around...Baptist" I watched him amusingly as I backed into the woods as annoyance painted his face, probably the fact he couldn't shoot a child even if it was family, and yet he kills so many others daily. I wandered back to camp grinning that I'd made it out of the situation alive. I curled up in bed next to a sleepy newt and drifted off.