Chapter 4

We finally arrive wherever it is they were taking me. We get out and I take in my surroundings. We pulled up to a building that almost looks abandoned at first glance. It kind of resembles an old hospital.

There's nothing but pine trees for miles around this place. The man with the metal arm motions for me to follow. I follow him, filled with anticipation.

We walk into the dark building. He leads me down a few hallways to a red door with a black knob. I didn't want to break the silence, so I kept my mouth closed. I'm extremely nervous.

The man opens the door and we walk in. There's a chair facing the wall. "Ah, I have been expecting you, (Y/n)." The chair turns around to reveal a man with grayish-white hair.

"I'm Pierce. Alexander Pierce." I've heard of him. He works for S.H.I.E.L.D. I relax knowing that an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. is here.

S.H.I.E.L.D. protects people, right? "You agreed to our terms and proposition." I look at him with confusion. "What terms are you referring to? They weren't in the email." He chuckles at my question.

"The terms that allows us to experiment and give you special abilities. Experiment?! My eyes widen a bit.

"You did want powers, didn't you? You wanted so badly to impress the Avengers. To be one of them." I nod my head slowly. I wanted to be a hero more than anything.

"But wait-How did you know that I wanted to impress the Avengers? And that I wanted to be one of them?" Pierce chuckled again. "Your letters and emails. They get sent to S.H.I.E.L.D. too."

Oh. So that's how they knew. "So, is this some sort of 'secret S.H.I.E.L.D. base?' It looks almost like an abandoned hospital." He stares at me with a serious expression.

"Actually, this is Hydra."