Chapter 5

(F/n)= Friend's name
-----------------------------------------------------------
My eyes are wide and my anxiety has reached its peak. Besides our breathing, everything is quiet as he waits for me to respond. "S.H.I.E.L.D. has been infiltrated by Hydra?!" I finally respond. My voice is cracking.

"You will cooperate with us. Or...I could kill you right now and nobody would ever know. It's your choice, (Y/n)." The man with the metal arm stood by the door. Blocking any chances of escaping.

I could probably take Pierce, but I don't think I'd be able to fight the man with the metal arm. I slump my shoulders in defeat. "We have big plans for you, miss (Y/n). And if you don't cooperate, we'll kill your friend (F/n).

My eyes widen in sudden realization. They could kill everyone I knew. "It's unfortunate that your parents died. They were such good agents." Huh? My parents? Agents? "I think you've got me mixed up with someone else. My parents weren't agents."

Pierce chuckled. "Of course they would never tell you. Tell me, what lies did they feed you about their death?" I thought back to what I was told. "They died in a shooting at a department store. Nobody can help that." Pierce shook his head. "I believe in the truth."

I had a feeling that he was about to feed me more lies, but at the moment, I don't know what to believe.

"Your parents were falsely accused of treason. I tried to stop it and prove their innocence, but S.H.I.E.L.D. shot them for providing the enemy with information. Hydra's not the bad guy. S.H.I.E.L.D. is. I mean sure, Hydra has done some things we're not proud of, but Hydra is the new order."

S.H.I.E.L.D. is the enemy?