'LOST' AND 'FOUND' LOVE

BEHIR OS

I sit on my bed, trying to adjust to the light, the sun was forcing upon me

I sit on my bed, trying to adjust to the light, the sun was forcing upon me. I probably forgot to close the window last night. My head was heavy, so I go the kitchen to make a coffee for myself. I pick up the coffee container and put one spoon in the boiling water, then another, then another...when my thoughts drifted to a memory...
FLASHBACK:
"Bela! The coffee shouldn't be too strong! It's unhealthy!", he said as he sees me pouring three spoons of coffee.
"Mahir! You know I love strong coffee..", I say smilingly..
"You love all harmful things!", he says hugging me from the back.
"And you are one amongst them!",and we both chuckled.

PRESENT:
I let out a smile, only to find my strong coffee boiling. I drink the coffee and remember how I slept last night hugging our picture, crying.
I read the headline on the newspaper, "Historical surgical strike conducted by two under cover army officer". Mahir would have been so proud of his people,and their courage! His name gives me a pain, that is evident on my face as I wash myself in the shower. I come out in my bathrobe and opened our cupboard, to find a dress for me. I pick up a pink dress, that he bought for me, on Valentine's day...
FLASHBACK:
"You don't like pink...then why you brought pink dress for me!", I ask him, as I try the dress on me that has a slit from above my waist, revealing it. I compliment it with a black jeans.
"I brought it because I want to make things easy for me!", as he slips his hand in the clothing, through the slit.
"Acha leave me! We have had enough of it!", I say as he pulls me back making circles near my belly button, knowing it will make me go insane in few seconds.
"It's Valentine and you want me to leave! Let me love you!", as in no time, he picks me up and we drown into a passionate session of love, with him removing that same pink dress.

PRESENT:
A lone tear escapes my eyes, as I feel the sensations of his touch on my body.
"Life is hell without you..Mahir!"
I cry hugging the dress.
I was lost in his memories, when my mother in law called me.
"How are you Bela!?"
"I am fine ma!"
"Your voice doesn't say so!"
I take a sip of water, to feel better.
"I am fine ma!"
"Beta come back to us...you'll feel better...!"
"No ma! I can feel him everywhere around me..our home has his memories...his fragrance...I can never leave this place!", I say.
"Beta! Life is about moving on! Even Mahir will never want to see you like this. You are his biggest memory!", Mom trying to console me!
"No ma! I still hope he'll be back..soon!"
"Bela! It's six months!"
"Ma..even if it will be six years, I am going to wait for him!", tears form in my eyes and to hide it, I disconnect the call.

The maid comes to cook lunch for me. I was having a strange feeling in my stomach and hence I didn't had it. If Mahir was here, he would have made me have the food anyhow. From the day, I met him, I don't think that I ever skipped a single meal. And from the day I last talked to him, I don't remember a single meal I had properly. When I look at the picture I last sent him, and compare it with the present me, I realize how physically void I became after him.