NINE MONTHS TO GO

NINE MONTHS TO GO

BEHIR OS

Poke. Poke. "Mahir!", in a soft voice.
Pinch. "Mahir"
WHAM. "MAAHIRRR!",
He wakes up startled!
"What? What happened!?", face resembling an emoji of disgust, irritated, confusion and anger...all in one.
"I am not able to sleep! He's moving alot!!", Bela said pointing to her belly.
Mahir made a puppy face realizing that his wife and baby will make this night worth remembering.
"Bela! She must be trying to find a comfortable place to sleep like you.", he said joking, taking her in his embrace and rubbing his hand on her belly.
"Calm down baby! It's your dadda here!", and after few seconds, the movement in her stomach sooth down. And then soon, Bela falls asleep in his lap.
"These two together can push me to the edge!"

****

"Mahirr!!!", He hugged her tight as she cried her heart out.
"Bela! Baby what happened!?", but she was just crying crying and crying.
He was in the kitchen, making pan cakes for her. And she was watching a Spain vs Brazil football match. Actually both were watching but he was thrown away from the couch because she was hungry for the nth time that day. It was when she heard her crying his name.
"MAAHIRRR!!", she cried as he was rubbing her back..
"Baby's alright!?", he tried feeling the baby through her belly.
He was in tension. She was alright few seconds before.
"What happened Bela! Tell me love!?", He said as he felt she was getting better.
"Mahir! The remote's battery died!", and crying again like anything.
And this left Mahir in a 'what the hell was that?' expression.
Mahir looked around in exasperation with his sobbing wife in his arms, rubbing her back.
"Brazil won Bela!", and it was his turn to cry as she squealed, happily jumping up on him, giving him a bone crushing hug, watching the TV as the team celebrated.
"Told you Mahir! My team is the best!!!", she said in the most cheerful voice.
Who could tell she was crying vigorously just few seconds ago! Phew!

****

"Pink will look good on her!"
"No blue will look good on him!"
"Pink!"
"Blue!"
"Pink!", Mahir said as she burst crying!
"You are so bad Mahir! I hate you! You are the worst husband!", Bela said in between her sobs.
"Okay okay! Baby blue for her!"
Bela glared at him...
"Okay Blue for HIM!", Mahir said defeated.

****

Mahir was getting impatient, as he looked at his watch. 2:30. He was tapping his fingers for quite a fifteen minutes now.
"Mahir! Let's go home!", said Bela thinking they could come tomorrow to get the reports.
"NO!", was all he said.
The doctor turned up after eternity, which in her language was just few minutes.
"Daddy and Mumma, don't need to worry! The baby's doing fine!", as she shows him some ultrasound images taken from her monitor. She hands over the picture to Mahir, and he smilingly receives it.
The six months old baby curled up in itself, with it's thumb in it's mouth as if sucking it.
Both smiled seeing the picture. Bela could swear she saw a tear run from his eyes. She squeezed his hand to comfort him.