Christmas With Family (FACE and Nordics)

This lovely idea was from the AWESOME (like Prussia) Teddy1223. You guys should check out their stories, they're really good.

It was a peaceful day in Evergreen, Colorado.

Well, nearly peaceful.

A certain blond-haired American was in the living room, pacing around, thoughtfully.

He was engulfed in thought until his cat (named Hero) meowed in concern (does anyone else LOVE Americat?).

Alfred snapped out of his days and flopped lazily on the couch. Hero almost immediately hopped onto his lap and curled up, purring loudly.

Alfred sighed, absently petting the (EXTREMELY) fluffy cat. "Only a few more hours until the fam comes, Hero." He muttered almost bitterly.

It's not that Alfred didn't love his dads and brother, they had just been really frustrating lately and that wasn't the only problem. He wasn't sure how his family would react to the... other half of the family he invited over.

You see, England and France were still very much father figures to him, but they were more like his adopted parents. Alfred's original fathers were the first people to colonize his land, the Nordics (well at least some of them, Iceland is like his half-brother or something [Iceland never colonized America, right?]).

America had watched enough movies to know that two families meeting often ended up badly.

Of course, at that moment, the doorbell rang.

America rolled his eyes. "Such luck." He got up from the couch after placing Hero on the cushion beside him.

He opened the door to see his twin brother Matthew.

Alfred gave him a childish grin. "Hey there, Mattie! Come in, bro!" He got out of the way and let him in.

Matthew came in and gave his twin a small smile. "Hello, Alfred. I brought Mr. Kuma... Kumajiro, is that okay?"

"Absolutely, dude! Make yourself at home! You'll be here for a bit!"

Matthew smiled, hugging his bear tighter and plopping softly on the couch, where he was immediately greeted by Hero nuzzling against his leg and purring.

Alfred's smile fell as he slammed the door shut.

"Hey... Mattie?"

"Hm?" He turned to face his twin. "Yeah?"

"So... I may have, theoretically speaking invited the Nordics over the same days France and England are supposed to be here." He sputtered out nervously.

Matthew sighed in exasperation. "Alfred, why?"

"It was an accident! I called them all after working for twenty-nine hours straight, I was mixed up!"

Matthew just sighed again. "Alfred... you know how mom gets when he remembers what England did." (It's my little head canon that the twins call Finland mom in private).

"I know, but what am I supposed to do?! I can't just call them back and explain this!"

Matthew thought for a moment. "Maybe there's a silver lining to this, I mean they would have to meet as a family together sometime right?"

Alfred laughed bitterly. "Not if I was able to avoid it."

Conveniently, the doorbell rang exactly at that moment.

Alfred's shoulders slumped. "This must be my lucky day." He groaned, inching grumpily towards the door.

He opened it to see France and England. He quickly plastered a smile on his face.