Prologue

The young girl sat on the hospital bed as her bare feet swung up and down while her head kept hanging low. The white hospital clothe made her look way sicker than she already was and her body covered with scars and bruises made her look alone. Both her hands were held tightly together as each and every memory of the incident rushed back to her in an instance.

"Nam HaeSoo, can you please tell me what you saw on the day of the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Nam?" A tall man wearing a professional suit and tie asked as he held on to his pen and notebook.

The young girl, Nam HaeSoo, kept her mouth shut still letting her head stare down at her hands. Not a single word had left her mouth making the room seem completely silent.

"Let me repeat; what did you see the night your parents were murdered?" The man began to grow impatient as he stared at the young girl.

Her hands began to tremble despite the fact that she was holding them tightly. Her bare feet weren't swinging up and down anymore, and her skin began to turn pale. Her lips didn't part even once to open, not even a sign of hesitation was shown.

Soon enough, a nurse dressed in white walked into the room spotting the young and feared girl with the impatient tall man. "I'm sorry, detective. You won't be able to speak with HaeSoo for a certain amount of time. She is diagnosed with Selective Mutism and she won't speak until she is finally able to."