Chapter 40

The True Murderer

HaeSoo had taken a long nap. She had just woken up and was staring at her bedroom ceiling from her bed. Her eyes were staring up while her thoughts were elsewhere. She couldn't stop thinking about Taehyung's father.

She couldn't figure out why his father was after her parents. From what she remembered, her parents had never met any of Taehyung's ones. Her brain couldn't figure it out and it was messing with her so much.

HaeSoo turned her head around after hearing a noise from the kitchen. She had forgotten her aunt was home because she was thinking so much. She didn't even greet her and had gone straight to her room.

HaeSoo got out of her bed and walked straight to her door. She began to wonder if her aunt was even worried about her disappearance for two days. She sighed and opened her door looking towards the kitchen situated on her right.

She walked over to the kitchen immediately smelling the scent of alcohol. She walked in seeing her aunt finishing a bottle of alcohol. HaeSoo felt disgusted seeing her aunt in this state. She watched as her aunt gulped down the last bit of liquid left and placing the glassed bottle on the countertop.

HaeSoo's aunt wiped her lips with her hand and looked up at HaeSoo, still her hand holding that glass bottle. "I heard they caught him." Spoke HaeSoo's aunt. "Yes," HaeSoo replied making her aunt's eyes widen a bit. "You speak?" She asked as HaeSoo nodded with no emotion.

"Were you not worried?" HaeSoo suddenly asked. HaeSoo has been living with her aunt for months now and she still considered her as family, even after the way she acted. Just seeing that her aunt spent her time drinking made her feel hurt. "I've been gone for two days and you didn't even give me a call. Nothing." HaeSoo began to speak up.

HaeSoo's aunt didn't say a word and just stared, still with a drunk yet a tad bit sober expression. "Did you even know I was in the hospital?" HaeSoo's voice began to raise. "Yes, I knew." Responded her aunt. "You never bothered to visit me? I almost died last night." HaeSoo's voice had turned loud. "Do you even know that the murderer has been trying to kill me!?"

Before HaeSoo could speak anymore, her eyes watched her aunt grab the empty glass bottle and throwing it to the ground. The loud noise of glass shattering was heard and the sound of pieces falling to the ground was echoed in the kitchen. HaeSoo flinched at the sudden glass shattering and slowly backed away, knowing something bad was about to happen. "I paid him to kill you."

HaeSoo's heart stopped hearing those words. "I always hated your mother." Began to speak HaeSoo's aunt as she kneeled down to pick up one of the pieces. "She was always the favourite child, yet I was born before her." HaeSoo's aunt stood up and held the piece of glass in her fingers. "She had everything. Perfect grades, beautiful face, slim body. My mother loved her." HaeSoo watched as her aunt analyzed the piece of glass she was holding. "She got married and had the perfect family. I was nothing. My mother never cared for me. I was just there to be compared. A worthless piece of garbage compared to a beautiful flower."

HaeSoo started to back away slowly beginning to understand the situation. "You know what your grandmother told me, HaeSoo? She told me to be like your mother. How could I be someone I hated so much? How could a piece of garbage become a beautiful flower?" A smirk rose on those lips. "By eliminating her." HaeSoo took a deep breath knowing she was in danger. "It was simple. She and her family were out of the picture, and all that was left was me to be loved." HaeSoo's aunt then looked down. "But your sweet grandparents passed away finding out their perfect daughter and family had been killed. If only they knew you were still alive."

HaeSoo's aunt turned her head and looked at HaeSoo while smirking. "You were supposed to die too!" The glass piece that her aunt was holding was found thrown across the air towards HaeSoo. The glass piece scratched HaeSoo's arm as she quickly tried to avoid the sudden throw.