Chapter 38

Not Your Fault

Her eyes turned wide and she quickly grabbed HyunJae's arm, looking at her straight in the eyes. "Where's Jimin?"

Everyone looked at each other hesitating between saying something or keeping quiet. HyunJae soon sighed. "He still hasn't woken up. The doctors said that he was the most affected by the fire incident, so they don't know if he'll wake up." HaeSoo's eyes had turned worried as she took the blanket off of her and began to put her slippers on. "HaeSoo! You can't get out of bed now, you just woke up! The nurses have to check on you!" HaeSoo didn't listen to a word HyunJae said and had already walked out the room.

The walk in the hospital hallways wasn't long because HaeSoo had already spotted Detective Kim. Her eyes also immediately recognized the people he was talking too. Her heart began to beat fast seeing both of Jimin's parents talking with Detective Kim. She had frozen for a few seconds, but she soon knew what she had to do.

She walked over to them, stared at them in the eyes with tears and kneeled down. She stayed on the ground for a while before putting her head down making her forehead touch the cold ground. Her hands then touched their shoes as sobs were heard from the girl who was begging for forgiveness. "I'm sorry he got involved." She sobbed. "It's all my fault he's in this condition. He just wanted to protect me but found himself like this. I'm sorry..."

HaeSoo felt a pair of hands grabbing her shoulders. "Oh no, please HaeSoo. Get up, please." HaeSoo heard Jimin's mother's words as she looked up. His mother pulled her up from the ground and looked at her in the eyes. She could tell how sorry HaeSoo was judging by the fresh tears and her guilty-looking expression.

Jimin's mom's heart broke in pieces seeing the state HaeSoo was in. She took her in her arms and hugged her tightly while rubbing her back. "It was never your fault, HaeSoo." She began to speak. "Jimin is in this condition because he chose to do such things. If he was able to risk his life to come and protect you, then you're special to him."

Jimin's mom pulled away from the hug and warmly smiled to HaeSoo while wiping away her tears. "I'm glad to hear you speak." She said. "But I think Jimin would be happier to see you." She pointed her head towards the door to Jimin's room. HaeSoo nodded and bowed to Jimin's mother before entering the room.

She slowly walked in, her eyes immediately landing on Jimin still unconscious. Her heart began to beat quickly as she walked over to his bed. She analyzed him from head to toe. He was wearing an oxygen mask just like she was and he had the hospital clothing on.

Her hand slowly reached out to caress his cheek. A faint smile was revealed on her face despite the tears rolling down her cheeks. She slowly approached her lips to his forehead and placed a warm kiss on it. Her fingers brushed his hair as a tear from HaeSoo fell onto his cheek.

HaeSoo took a seat and grabbed his hand into hers. She held onto his hand and stared at him as tears began to fall all over again. "I'm sorry.." she mumbled. She knew she had pronounced those words numerous times, but she still felt like she was the cause of all this. "Please, wake up." HaeSoo sobbed as both her hands held Jimin's. "Please, please...wake up..." her sobbing turned rough as she placed her head down to her hands holding Jimin's. "Please, you mean too much to me..."

The room was silent and all that was heard were HaeSoo's sobs.

°°°

Jimin had slowly awoken, feeling his head hurt a little. He let his eyes look around beginning to feel familiar with his surroundings. He was breathing with the oxygen mask so he felt a bit uncomfortable with it on.

Jimin looked down to HaeSoo after analyzing the room he was in. He took the oxygen mask off and breathed the hospital air. He then softly smiled to HaeSoo who was sleeping. Her hand was holding his while she soundly slept.

Jimin reached his free hand out and began to carefully pat her head. He was happy to see that they were both safe. His memory began to slowly return. He remembered the fire, the tears, and that kiss. Jimin's eyes widened remembering the kiss. He felt his cheeks heat up although it wasn't his first kiss. Yet, this kiss was special to him.

The sound of HaeSoo waking up was heard. She began to rub her eyes with her hand letting them slowly open. The first thing she saw was Jimin awake while smiling at her warmly. Her eyes immediately widened seeing he was awake.

"Jimin!" She spoke out loud. Before Jimin even had a chance to answer, HaeSoo jumped onto him wrapping her arms around his neck. She hugged him tightly letting a few tears fall out of her eyes. She then slowly pulled away from the hug, still keeping her hands on his shoulders.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. "Does your head hurt?" Jimin wasn't answering. Instead, he seemed relieved yet a little shocked. "You're not answering. I think I should call a nurse." HaeSoo stood from the bed and was about to walk away, but she felt her wrist being grabbed. Jimin pulled her back to the bed and stared into her eyes deeply. "I'm fine." He spoke.

HaeSoo tried to figure out what was going on in Jimin's mind. His eyes were showing an emotion she couldn't identify. Her heart was beating at a fast rate, realizing she was so close to him now. All those memories from the fire returned making her remember that passionate kiss. Her cheeks turned pink thinking of that moment.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?" She asked feeling a bit nervous. "You're speaking." He smiled at her. "I never thought I would hear you speak..." he pulled a strand of HaeSoo's hair behind her ear. "When I saw you there at the barn, you have no idea how many emotions I felt." Jimin began to talk seriously. "All I wanted was to protect you. Seeing him made me angry. I wanted to catch him and make you feel safe, but I couldn't do anything. He's still out there.." Jimin looked down in disappointment.

HaeSoo sighed and grabbed Jimin's hand. She placed one of her hands under his and the other one on top. She looked at Jimin and smiled. "As you told me, it's not your fault. It's none of our faults. We didn't create a murderer. We just found ourselves in this situation."

Jimin smiled at what HaeSoo said. "Ah!" He suddenly groaned holding his head. HaeSoo immediately turned worried and put her full attention on Jimin. "What? What's wrong?" She asked as she placed her hands on his head covered with a bandaid. Before she could say anything else, she felt a pair of lips touching hers. It happened in a split second and before she even knew it, she was standing there completely confused.

"What..." she said looking at Jimin grinning at her. "I needed an excuse for you to get closer to me." He said letting out a mischievous chuckle. HaeSoo pouted, not believing that she fell for his trick. "Not funny." She said. "Well, I got what I wanted," Jimin said. "What is it?" Obliviously Asked HaeSoo. "Your heart." He smirked.

"Uhm..." HaeSoo didn't know what to say. She simply smiled awkwardly and walked out without a word. Once she was outside, she let the back of her head rest on the door. Her hand went up to her chest feeling her heart beating quickly. Her cheeks then turned completely red from what just happened in the room. She took a deep breath and looked down smiling to herself out of happiness.

A/N:
I'm not too happy with how this chapter came out. But don't worry it still isn't over yet! There are still many elements to be added!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks for reading!

See yaaaaaa

💜💜💜