Chapter 31

Investigation

Jimin walked through the hospital's hallways checking each and every room until he finally found Hoseok's room. He was carrying a white plastic bag in his hand as his other hand reached to open the door. "Jimini~" Hoseok's voice called out knowing it was his friend who had come to visit. "I brought spicy rice cakes!" Jimin held out the white plastic bag making Hoseok smile widely. "Yes!"

Jimin laughed at his hyung's excitement and walked over to grab a chair to sit on. He placed the chair next to Hoseok's hospital bed and placed the food on the table nearby. "No visit from HaeSoo?" Asked Hoseok. Jimin looked down and shook his head to respond to Hoseok. "Today was a pretty messed up day." Jimin spoke. "I confessed to HaeSoo."

Hoseok's eyes widened and his smile grew. He clapped his hands together and made weird happy noises making Jimin laugh. "But things turned weird today during History class." Jimin leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms together going into deep thoughts. "HaeSoo was suddenly called out by the principal and the next thing I knew, she was leaving school with Detective Kim in a rush."

Hoseok looked down at Jimin who seemed preoccupied by his thoughts. "I tried texting her many times, even calling, but she hasn't answered. I tried texting Detective Kim too, but he keeps answering with 'I'm busy'. How am I supposed to know what's going?!" Jimin let his frustration out as he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed angrily.

"Jimin..." Hoseok hesitantly called out to him. "I think I know what's happening, but I'm not completely sure." Jimin looked up to Hoseok putting his full attention on him. He patiently waited for Hoseok to speak. "My father was arrested today." Jimin's eyes widened in confusion. His eyebrows crashed together now wanting to know what was going on. Hoseok took a deep breath finding it hard to tell his best friend the truth.

"I don't know if it has anything to do with HaeSoo, but there my be a link. You see, I found out that my dad has been selling illegal weapons to people, but not just any regular customer, they were all either thieves, drug dealers, maybe even murderers." Hoseok looked around him and leaned in to Jimin to try and be as quiet as possible. "I had to anonymously report him to the police because I'm afraid someone else will get hurt."

Jimin immediately stood up surprising Hoseok. "Are you saying your father could've helped the actual murderer in killing HaeSoo's parents?!" Jimin's blood was boiling in anger as he looked at Hoseok who seemed afraid of the sudden change in emotion. "Jimin-" Hoseok couldn't talk with Jimin throwing his anger all over the place. "Where did they take him, Hyung?" Jimin asked still with an angered expression. Hoseok sighed and looked out the window. "Seoul Bangtan Police Station"

The last thing Hoseok heard was Jimin's steps fading away and the closing of his hospital room door.

°°°

"Jung Byung-hoon." Spoke Detective Kim as he entered the investigation room. There he sat, Byung-hoon, also known as Jung Hoseok's father. He was hand-cuffed to the table while sitting on a chair keeping him from doing any violent acts. "Who is this person who called the police?"

"I ask the questions here." Detective Kim took out what seemed to be pictures from his coat pocket. He threw them onto the table going all over the place. Byung-hoon looked down at the pictures scattered on the table not once changing his expression. "Does this say anything to you?" Byung-hoon scoffed and smirked at the detective. "And what if does? What will it do to you, Detective? Will I be sent to jail for selling weapons?" SungWoo's expression did not once change as he listened to Byung-hoon speak. "Let me remind you, I ask the questions here." Responded SungWoo implying that he was in authority.