Chapter 39

The Real Cause

"Ah! Doctor!" Detective Kim stood up from the seat situated outside of Jimin's hospital room. He had waited outside knowing that Jimin and HaeSoo were inside having a moment, so he didn't want to bother them.

The doctor was about to enter Jimin's room. He was wearing one of those hospital masks people wear to not catch a cold or for an operation. He was also wearing the usual hospital uniform with plastic gloves on his hands. In one of those hands, he was holding a syringe with a liquid inside.

Detective Kim looked down to that syringe and analyzed it suspiciously although it was clearly a doctor holding it, so he surely knew what he was doing. "What's it for?" Asked Detective Kim. The doctor looked down to the syringe and smiled behind his hospital mask. "Ah, this is for Jimin's arm." He responded.

Detective Kim's eyebrows crashed together in confusion. "Arm?" He asked making the doctor nod. "But I was told his breathing was a bit unstable and his head was a little injured." Detective Kim began to question the doctor. "But his arm is unstable at the moment." The doctor answered.

Detective Kim's gaze looked down to the syringe with the blue liquid inside. "What's the use of this liquid?" He asked. The doctor laughed and placed his hand on Detective Kim's shoulder. "Why the questions SungWoo? I'm a dodocto that does things to help a patient."

Detective Kim looked at the hand on his shoulder and brushed it off. "SungWoo? But I never told you my name. I am addressed as Detective Kim." He spoke as he smirked.

The doctor looked at the syringe and then at the Detective. His eyes met with Detective Kim's ones and he could tell he was caught. Before a second could pass, the doctor was found turning around and running away.

"Intruder!!" Yelled Detective Kim beginning to run after the doctor. HaeSoo ran out of the room and saw that SungWoo had run after an imposter. Wanting to help, she took a different hallway to find that imposter.

She began to run in the different hallway passing many patient rooms. She then saw the doctor pass by right in front of her eyes and ran faster. She soon found herself in a different hallway, her running behind the imposter and Detective Kim running behind her.

The intruder tried to escape from HaeSoo and Detective Kim who were after him, but luck wasn't on his side. HaeSoo, thinking thoroughly, grabbed one of the crutches resting on the wall and slid it across the floor until it hit the imposter. The man tripped on the crutch and fell on his back. The syringe he had in his hand had fallen next to him.

HaeSoo quickly ran to him and jumped on top of him pinning his arms to the ground to stop him from moving.  HaeSoo struggled to keep him down because he was stronger and was moving a lot. "You..." she struggled "...You murderer." She let out of her mouth.

The man tried and got hold of the syringe that fell on the ground. His first attempt at stabbing HaeSoo's arm with it was a fail because she quickly noticed and he had grabbed his wrist to stop him. "You've grown smarter." Spoke the imposter. "Without me, you wouldn't have met Jimin."

Before HaeSoo could do anything to him, she heard Detective Kim's voice. "Don't move an inch. The police are on their way and your prison time will be longer if you cause any more harm." HaeSoo looked up to see SungWoo approaching her. She let him put handcuffs on the criminal.

Before Detective Kim could take the man with him, HaeSoo spoke. "Wait." She said, "I want to see his face." SungWoo looked at the murderer and sighed. He took the doctor's mask off making HaeSoo gasp. "You? You did this!?" She yelled recognizing the man. "Kim Taehyung's father!? This whole time, it was you..." HaeSoo's angry words had turned into sadness.

She couldn't believe it.

The guy she had a crush on in the past was related to the murderer. Her friend which she cared for very much was, in fact, the son of a murderer. Her heart couldn't handle all the pain.

She fell to the ground letting out everything she kept in. Her hands held her chest because of how much pain her heart felt. "HaeSoo..." Jimin's voice rung in her ears as her teary eyes looked up to him. "J-Jimin..." she sobbed his name.

Jimin, not being able to see HaeSoo in such a state, pulled HaeSoo into a hug. He held her tightly while patting her back. "It's okay, let it all out. I'm here now." He pronounced those words while letting HaeSoo sob on his chest.

His eyes then looked in front of him seeing his group of friends staring at the incident from a distance. Although all of them were there, the person Jimin could only focus on was Taehyung.

Taehyung stood there as he watched his father being arrested.

°°°

"Hoseok Hyung and HyunJae wanted to come and help you with your leave but there's school today," Taehyung spoke as he watched Jimin clean his hospital room bed. "Then what about you?" Jimin asked. "I skipped school."

Jimin stared at Taehyung with a disappointing look. "I'm going to go see HaeSoo," Jimin said but Taehyung stopped him. "I actually saw HaeSoo on my way here. She told me to tell you that she wanted to go home. She said she wanted to clear her head from everything." Jimin nodded to what Taehyung said and walked out of the room with him.

"I'm going to go visit my dad." Taehyung suddenly blurted out while looking down. His expression had turned dark after mentioning his father. "You want me to come with you?" Jimin asked trying to comfort Taehyung. "I don't want to face him alone." He said. Jimin nodded and patted Taehyung's back. "Don't worry, it's going to be okay."

°°°

Jimin and Taehyung were sitting in front of a glass window. They waited for Taehyung's father to arrive. The sound of beeping was heard before the door behind the window opened. A police officer and Taehyung's father walked out. Taehyung turned nervous as he watched the police officer take off the handcuffs. His father sat on the chair in front of him and grabbed the telephone to talk.

"Son." He said. Taehyung felt irritated hearing his father speak that word. "Don't call me that."  He said as his expression turned angry. "Well if you aren't here to talk to your father, then why are you here?" Asked his father. Taehyung looked at his father straight in the eye. "Why did you do it?" He directly asked.

Taehyung's father smirked and looked at the two teens. "Answer the question." Jimin sternly spoke. Taehyung's father looked at Taehyung and spoke. "For the money." was his answer.

Jimin and Taehyung's expression had turned confused. "Who paid you? Jimin asked. "You really want to know?" He began to make Jimin and Taehyung impatient. "Fine, then." The man leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms still keep the phone to his ear. "Kang Yoo-Jin"

Jimin and Taehyung couldn't recognize the name. "Sound familiar?" Asked the criminal as the two teens tried to figure out who's name it was."Let me help you a bit." The man approached the window and smirked while keeping the phone to his ear. Jimin and Taehyung carefully listened to what he was about to say.

"Nam HaeSoo's crazy aunt."

A/N:
DUN DUN DUUUUUN

LOL this is all I can post before I leave for camping.

I'll be gone for about 4 days so I hope this was enough to fill you up!

Thanks for reading!!

If you enjoyed please leave a vote!!

See yaaaaaaa

💜💜💜