Chapter 16

Fake

HaeSoo's eyes slowly opened as soon as she felt the sunlight tickling her nose. She rubbed her eyes to feel awake and sat up. Her eyes landed on the bottles of alcohol that were placed on the floor next to the door. She stared at them thinking that was why her room smelled so bad.

HaeSoo let out a sigh realizing she would have to find a way to get rid of those bottles. She averted her gaze away from the bottles and turned towards her nightstand where her phone was placed. She then noticed a post-it note which seemed to be stuck on the framed family picture she had. HaeSoo made a confused expression before taking the note and reading it.

Note:

010 **** ****

Please contact me with this number.
I would rather find evidence from you
than from your aunt.

-From Detective Kim

HaeSoo stared at the note as her heart skipped a beat out of nervousness. Her eyes remained on the small note as she tried to take a deep breath and calm herself. Jimin's words than popped back into her mind; "Face him, face your fear, okay?"

HaeSoo nodded to herself as she grabbed her phone and began to type down the number written on the note. She then saved the name as one of her contacts and closed her eyes trying to calm herself. She then began to type down her text.

_____________________
📶SK 🔊 10:21 AM 98%🔋

Detective Kim
_____________
10:21 AM

Hello, this is Nam HaeSoo. I would
like to talk about the case|_

_______________________

HaeSoo stared at her phone as she let the silence take over. She felt her heart skip a beat as soon as she saw the three dots appear on her screen which meant the detective was writing back. HaeSoo closed her eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm herself. By the time she opened her eyes, the text was found on the screen waiting to be read.

_____________________
📶SK 🔊 10:21 AM 98%🔋

Detective Kim
_____________
10:21 AM

   Hello, this is Nam HaeSoo. I would
like to talk about the case|_

    Glad to see you've
_| contacted me

   Let's meet at Bangtan Cafe
_|in an hour

_________________

°°°

It was a lovely Saturday morning, a great day to just simply hang out with friends. Well, that's exactly what Jimin was doing. He and Hoseok had decided to go out this weekend because they haven't hung out for a while.

They were having fun at the arcade like every teenage boy would be doing. Of course, they were almost broke after the number of games they played while spending so much money.