Chapter 36

I'll Risk it All

HaeSoo was happily coming home from school. It was pretty late since she stayed in the library. She was excited to go home and eat her mother's food. Things were supposed to go as usual; she comes home, her mother greets her, and her father complains about work while she eats her food.

But today was different.

"Eomma! I'm home." HaeSoo yelled out as she entered the house and took her shoes off. She saw that her father's shoes were there which meant he was home. "Appa?" She called for her dad.

No one answered.

"Is anyone even home?" HaeSoo mumbled to herself as she placed her school bag down. She walked towards the kitchen first searching for her mother.

No one was there.

She made a confused expression and walked to her parents' room. She arrived and looked around but only got the same result. HaeSoo was finding everything quite weird, but things got weirder once she heard whimpers coming from her room.

She quietly walked over to her room to see the door just slightly opened. From the crook of her door, she saw it; the frightened eyes of her mother. HaeSoo, not knowing what was happening inside the room, walked in. There she saw both her mother and father holding each other in fear while staring at something or rather someone.

"Eomma? Appa? What's going on?" She calmly asked as she approached them and kneeled down. HaeSoo followed her parents' frightened gaze just to see a hooded man holding a weapon. She quickly fell to the floor and backed away until she felt her back hit the wall.

"Ah, so there is a daughter..." the hooded man grinned at HaeSoo's frightened expression as he walked over and kneeled down to take a look at her. His fingers brushed her chin as the hooded man let his grin remain.

"Watch quietly, child. Today will be a day to remember." Without wasting a second, the man stood up walked towards HaeSoo's parents. The last thing she remembered seeing was her parents' bodies covered in blood and that terrifying grin showed by the murderer himself.

***

HaeSoo's eyes opened feeling a huge headache. Her neck was hurting and her wrists were tired. Her knees were folded up to her chin meaning that she was sitting on the cold ground. She was unable to move her hands for some reason. Her head turned around to see that she was tied up to a large wooden pole that was stuck to the ground.

She let her eyes adjust to where she was. It seemed like the inside of an abandoned barn. HaeSoo's head was hurting a lot and she was finding it hard to concentrate. Her eyes were a bit blurry from the headache but she could bear the pain.

She tried to remember what happened despite the headache. All she could remember were bits and pieces before she arrived here. She remembered walking home feeling extremely tired, but that was it, nothing but the memory of pain was all she could recall.

Soon, her ears heard the sound of a door creaking and footsteps walking in. Her head automatically turned around towards the sound to see who it was. HaeSoo felt her heart stop and her breath hitch at the person who had entered the barn. "Long time no see." Spoke the man. "I thought your parents were enough, but it seems like I need to get rid of you too." The man began to play with his dagger as he walked towards HaeSoo.

He kneeled down to her and looked at her straight in the eye. "I heard you stopped speaking after I killed your parents." The man held HaeSoo's chin as he analyzed her face. HaeSoo turned her face away not wanting to feel the touch of a murderer. "You seem less frightened from the last time I saw you. Too bad this is ending so soon."

The man grabbed a bunch of sticks and took out a lighter from his pocket. "Don't worry, your death will be slow. It will be so calm that no will even suspect it was a murder." Right when the man was about to light up the whole barn on fire, a sound was heard from outside the barn. "Looks like your death will be delayed." Spoke the man before walking out.

°°°

"Park Jimin! Are you crazy?!" Taehyung's loud voice was heard through Jimin's phone. "Will you stop yelling!" Jimin whispered loudly on the phone. "Well, what can I do!? You're out there tracking down a person who has kidnapped HaeSoo, not to mention the guy is my dad, who by the way, is the freaking murderer!" Taehyung was yelling so loud that Jimin didn't even have to hold the phone to his ear to hear him.

"Look, I have to do something. Detective Kim won't let me help although I basically gave him all the information he needed. All I could do now is find HaeSoo. Her phone isn't off so it allows me to track her down and now I'm hiding outside this old barn." Jimin explained to Taehyung. "Jimin, this is dangerous. You have nothing that can protect you and you might get killed!" Taehyung's voice showed how worried he was. "Then I'll risk my life for HaeSoo."

Everything went silent. Taehyung could hear how much Jimin cared for HaeSoo and he knew he couldn't stop him. "Jimin, I care for HaeSoo deeply too. But please, we need to think of a plan first." Jimin sighed hearing Taehyung. "Fine, I'll-" Before Jimin could finish his sentence, he felt a slight tap on his shoulder.

"Well, hello there" spoke the hooded man. "What the- HEY! LET GO!" The man grabbed Jimin by the collar making him drop his phone. "Jimin? Jimin!? Hello!?" Taehyung's voice was heard through the phone, but Jimin was long gone.

°°°

"Let go of me you bastard!" Jimin's voice was heard entering the barn. HaeSoo's eyes had lightened a bit seeing that Jimin had come for her. She watched as Jimin was thrown to the ground and groaned in pain. The horrible man walked over to a bag, which was HaeSoo's bag, and opened it taking a phone out. "So this is how you found me." He said before throwing the phone to the ground, breaking it completely. "Too bad, no one will find you now."

The man walked over to Jimin who was on the ground and looked down on him. "I told you to stay away, but you didn't listen." HaeSoo stared at Jimin feeling guilty. His head was still in pain and his injuries weren't healed. She knew that just being thrown to the ground was very painful with all those injuries and she didn't want to see him so hurt. "Now, you must suffer the consequences."

The man walked over to where there were different wooden planks on the ground. He grabbed a wooden plank and walked back to Jimin holding it up in the air. HaeSoo knew what was happening, she knew that if that wooden plank hit Jimin's head, it could worsen the injury. The wooden plank swung in the air as Jimin closed his eyes ready to get hit.

"N-No!" A faint yell was heard.

Jimin, as well as the man, both turned towards HaeSoo, one in shock and the other with a smirk. "H-HaeSoo, you spoke..." Jimin revealed a faint smile despite the pain he felt.

"P-please, don't hurt him..."

A/N:
I wrote this chapter at 3am just because the idea popped out of nowhere :/

My brain's weird

Lol I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please leave a vote!

Thanks for reading!

See yaaaaaaa

💜💜💜