01

Sicheng smiled eagerly as he swiftly made his way to the waiting area at the airport. He lived back in Seoul, South Korea, but he was currently in China to see his family for the holidays. Christmas had recently come and passed; it was now December 31.

Sitting down, he sighed. Through the wide glass windows he could see the sun still at its highest peak in the sky, not hesitating to scorch the hot concrete he saw below. In ten minutes, he would be on his way back to his precious friends he had left in Seoul. Pulling out his phone, he texted his close friend, Johnny.

loselose

Leaving soon! The board says I'll get there at around 7:00pm, so make sure you guys come get me😤

amajohn

k jagi☺️ we still have to do presents when you get here lol

Content with the quick reply, Sicheng had yet to set down his phone. He played some games as a mere pastime, tuning out the rest of the world for the sake of Crossy Road.

When he figured his ten minutes were already up, he jolted out of the chair, searching for the time board. His flight had yet to be called, but the take-off time had already passed by two minutes. Suddenly, an announcement came on over the airport loudspeaker.

"Attention all upcoming passengers of flight 127, the take-off has been delayed an hour and a half. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Sicheng sat back down, disappointed. With his phone battery beginning to run low and nothing left to do, he sat with his chin in his hands as he studied the not-so-interesting passerby. They all seemed the same; frantic mothers rushing around to collect their young children were the most frequent of the people he'd seen.

Leaning back, he brushed his soft hair out of his eyes and adjusted the round glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

It's going to be a long hour and a half.

Time passed and, twice more, the flight was delayed. Sicheng could hardly believe this. His phone was long out of battery, so he could not contact his friends.

It was 6:00. He had arrived at the airport at 2:00, readying himself to leave at 2:30. Looking out the window he had previously admired, he watched as the sun now inched its way down to the horizon, although it still had a way to go. He had no idea what could've possibly delayed a flight for this long. At this point, there was no telling when the plane would actually arrive.

He began softly humming a melody to pass the time. It was an old folk song in his native language: Chinese. His mother sang it to him as a child and the song had stuck to him ever since. The tune was beautiful and tender, just like Sicheng.

It had occurred to him that his friends would be arriving at the Seoul airport soon, expecting him to arrive. But, with his phone dead and no open outlets, it looked like he wouldn't be getting to charge it any time soon.

Almost an hour later, Sicheng noticed a little boy suddenly rush towards him, only to duck down under his chair. Following, a mother looked around, shouting, "Has anyone seen my son?"

He raised his hand and gestured to under his chair. The mother rushed and pushed him out of it to reach the boy, causing him to fall on the floor. Some people nearby began to chuckle at the sight; a skinny man being easily shoved by a middle-aged woman may usually be humorous. Few others came to criticize her for her rudeness. Luckily, neither Sicheng's back or head made contact with the ground, so generally, he was alright. The only pain he felt was humiliation.

Beginning to stand up, he was interrupted by a hand being presented to him at his chest level. He looked up, eyes locking with the handsome stranger above. He took his hand, almost immediately being pulled up.

"Are you alright? That was tough."

Sicheng nodded, trying to subtly brush off his backside. The two met eyes again, this time, not breaking to grab hands. The stranger led him back over to his seat, sitting in the one next to him.

"I'm Yuta, by the way."

"A-ah, I'm Sicheng..." he said, bowing as he spoke.

Yuta chuckled. "No, please don't bow. I'm not one to be bowed to."

Sicheng nodded, sitting back in his chair. He was thankful to Yuta for helping him, but he didn't know how comfortable he was right now. It was suddenly awkward between the two of them, yet Yuta seemed to have no problem at all.

The other male reached into his bag, holding out a small, foreign-looking box. "Need a charger?"

He nodded, taking out his phone and plugging it in to the portable device. Just another reason to be thankful to this unbelievably kind man. Instantly when his phone turned back on, he opened his messages and texted Johnny.

loselose

hey sorry😅 my phone died and I couldn't tell you that the flight got super hecking delayed. no idea when they're gonna call for us. I'll tell you when they do

During the short silence, Sicheng took quick glances at the male next to him. He was undeniably and almost inhumanely handsome, with a sharp jaw and lips that curved perfectly into the slight smile he wore flawlessly. It occurred to him that it may not be as bad, having an aquaintence around his age, as almost everyone else waiting for the flight was relatively older and in their 70s.

"So how old are you?"

He struggled to understand the Korean at first, but he eventually complied. "Ah, 21. What about you?"

"23." Yuta smirked.

Sicheng was bewildered and he made it known. The look on his face must have been humorous to the older male, as he let out soft chuckles. Honestly, he was surprised. The latter didn't look much older than him; he could've said he was three years younger and he would've believed him.

For almost another hour, the two chatted next to each other, just conversating with some small talk. Although, they seemed to have learned a lot about each other. The flight still hadn't been called, so nothing held them back from talking until their lips were numb. Sicheng felt he had gotten fairly close to Yuta; he was very fond of him. In a way, he almost found him alluring.

When there was a silence, soft snores were heard from a certain male, that being Sicheng. Yuta chuckled once again and cleared some people out of surrounding seats, laying him down on three or so chairs. As tired as he was, he now knew that he couldn't go to sleep. He had to protect the younger and his luggage.

So, for as long as it would take, Yuta would stay up until their flight was finally called.

————————

hello everyone!

I know I haven't yet finished Loose yet, but I was very eager and inspired to write a soft Yuwin story. There's only the Epilogue left to write, and it's already in progress.

so what do you think of this story so far? do you like the prompt? is it already going too fast? let me know!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and had a fantastic day!💋💗💓💕❤️💜