21

A week had passed. The two had moved into their apartment just down the road from Sicheng's old complex and already finished the first payment.

Yuta hadn't gotten even an hour of sleep since the day he helped Sicheng pack since he got so behind in his work. Of course, he kept this from Sicheng as he didn't want him to worry. But the time eventually came where his body practically pleaded for him to rest. However, he was so jacked up on coffee and caffeine that this wasn't very possible. His eyes wouldn't focus on anything anymore. Even Sicheng's beautiful face was blurry.

Sicheng watched Yuta stand up from the bed and walk into the kitchen, casually bumping into things as if he were drunk. He shrugged it off until he heard a large crash in the other room. Rushing in, he found his lover unconscious on the ground.

Panicking, he grabbed the phone from his pocket and called an ambulance, telling them their situation and address.

He sprawled over his body and felt around his chest and neck to find a heartbeat. Little tears sprung in his eyes. "You have to be okay...you have to...I can't live without you. Stay with me, baby..." He grabbed Yuta's hand and felt his wrist, feeling the faint and slow pulsing.

After a few moments, there was a knock on the door, to what Sicheng answered. Paramedics came in and took Yuta away on a stretcher, Sicheng running alongside them to keep up. He sobbed quietly throughout the ambulance ride to the hospital.

————

"Dehydration and sleep deprivation." The doctor said, turning to Sicheng.

Sicheng looked down at the now fully conscious and aware Yuta and gripped his hand harshly.

The doctor walked out. "I'll give you two a minute."

"I can't believe you! Every morning when I asked, 'Did you sleep well?' and you said, 'Yes,' it was all a lie? You scared me half to death! We're supposed to be in this together, it's not just you anymore! And I know you like that job and it pays well but if this is what your life's going to be like then you need to quit! This is so unhealthy and misleading...I thought I lost you, baby..."

Yuta pulled him closer. "I'm sorry...I just wanted to make enough money so you didn't have to pick up another job...I should've told you that I was so behind in my work..."

"Yeah, you should've!"

"I'm sorry my angel, please forgive me and we'll just go home."

Sicheng sighed and kissed him. "I forgive you. I'll give the doctor the paperwork."

They were quickly released. Yuta still had trouble staying awake and conscious as they walked down the sidewalk, so he leaned on Sicheng. The walk wasn't very far and they soon reached their apartment.

Sicheng got in the shower while Yuta changed. He instructed Yuta to sleep with him the whole night and not pick up his laptop or do any work.

"Sleep with me until 11."

"PM?"

"AM. Tomorrow. You need rest."

Yuta shrugged and rolled over to hold him. "I'm not complaining."

Sicheng smiled and hugged him back, placing his head on his chest.

"I'm sorry we fought today."

"It was my fault, don't be sorry."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"No you don't," Sicheng huffed.

"I do."

Sicheng rolled his eyes and stopped the useless conversation by kissing Yuta's chapped lips. Yuta kissed him back and suddenly grabbed his hips, causing Sicheng to gasp in shock and giving Yuta a chance to shove his tongue inside his mouth.

Their tongues clashed and fought for dominance, Yuta obviously winning in the end. The whole kiss was sloppy and childish, but it was perfect for them. They continued until Sicheng pulled away, panting heavily as he tried to catch his breath. "You need to go to sleep."

Yuta sighed, "Alright. Good night, my love."

"I love you, good night."

————

Sicheng woke up, his eyes fluttering open and landing on Yuta. The latter was already staring back at him, cupping his face in his hands.

"What, did you think I'd sneak off to work?" He asked in a hoarse voice.

"A little part of me did, yes."

Yuta looked back at the clock on the nightstand behind him. It read 7:29am. "A few more hours, eh?"

Sicheng hummed.

"What should we do until then?"

"Cuddling is the ideal option."

"True...but maybe we could also do..."

Yuta smashed his lips onto Sicheng's, making sure not to leave a spot untouched. He soon trailed down to his neck and collarbone. At this point, they were in an awkward position where Sicheng was almost pinned down by the other but not fully.

Sicheng gasped upon Yuta finding his sweet spot on his neck. He continued to let out noises as Yuta wouldn't leave that area alone anymore, creating hickeys on and around it. He finally managed to pull Yuta away, taking his face in his hands and looking him in the eye.

"I'm not gonna lie to you, that felt amazing...but you're not exerting yourself anymore today." Sicheng said.

Yuta sighed and threw his arm around his lover, pulling him towards his warm body. "Fine, I guess we'll just lay here for another three and a half hours. But at least I know what you like now." He winked.

Sicheng buried his face in his hands as it was turning red from embarrassment. Yuta took one of his hands and intertwined their fingers, simultaneously leaning in and kissing Sicheng's forehead.

It's moments like these when Sicheng remembers why he fell in love with Yuta. He only wishes now that he could spend the rest of his life with him. However, his wish would come true a lot sooner than he thought.

—————————

fenefcjcjknjdsjkcdscs I hate reading actual books and not Shakespeare

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night!💓❤️💗