5. a dark night

You couldn't get your eyes to open but everything hurt. Every inch of your body was aching and you couldn't move or talk. You could hear B/N yelling at you, asking if you were okay. You wanted to say something to reassure him, but all he could see was that you were unconscious and not responding. You could hear the sirens approaching but then everything fell silent.

————————————————————————

B/F's POV

Y/N and I had been together for a little over a year now and we had just left the movies together. I was on the way to take her home. It was dark outside and it was beginning to rain. Y/N was in the passenger seat singing along to her favorite song on the radio. Our hands were resting in the middle of us, fingers intertwined.

As I drove along towards the green light ahead of me I thought about how amazing our date went. I took Y/N to her favorite restaurant and then we went to see that new movie she just couldn't quit talking about. She looked gorgeous tonight. She always did.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Y/N yell my name. I quickly looked over in her direction and seen a pair of headlights speeding in our direction. Before I had time to react, the other vehicle smashed into the passenger side of my car, right on Y/N's side.
My car had rolled over two times before landing back on the wheels.

I let out a groan as I felt my head spinning. My body felt sore, especially my ribs. And then I realized Y/N was still next to me. My head snapped over to her and my heart dropped.

The windows had shattered causing multiple cuts and gashes on her skin, resulting in all of the blood she was covered in. She was slightly hunched over, as far as the seat belt would allow, and her eyes were shut.

"Shit." I cursed as I quickly got my seatbelt off of me. I went to shake her awake but stopped myself, knowing I could end up hurting her more.

"Y/N?!? Baby? Are you okay?" I asked frantically. I called her name over and over hoping she would open those gorgeous eyes of hers.

My attention was quickly caught by the paramedics opening my door. They helped me out of my car, the whole time I just begged them to help Y/N. I watched with tears in my eyes as they pulled her limp body out of the passenger seat and put her into the ambulance. I quickly followed after them, begging to go with them.

I took my seat in the ambulance and my heart broke even more. In the light I was finally able to see what she really looked like. Her right leg was bent at an odd angle, which my eyes stayed fixated on for a long time.

I could hear the paramedics shouting about multiple injuries she could have had and each one sounded worse than the other.

We were rushed into the hospital but I was quickly stopped by another doctor. They pushed Y/N into a trauma room to examine her as they pulled me to one of the other beds in the emergency room to examine me.

After I begged and argued about having to go see Y/N, I finally gave in to letting them check me out, seeing as though they weren't going to let me see her.

The doctor had stitched up a gash on my forehead, placed bandages on multiple other cuts on my arms, and informed me that I had some broken and bruised ribs.

Y/N had already been taken back for all of the scans and tests that needed to be done. I followed the nurse to the waiting room, walking behind her on shaky legs. My eyes were glued to the floor and I felt them welling up with tears at the thought of how Y/N looked.

"B/N?!?" I heard my name behind called. I looked up to see Y/N's parents looking at me with scared eyes.

"What happened?" Her mom questioned as she gently assessed the damage that was done to me.

"Th-this guy... r-ran a red light. H-he hit Y/N's side of the car. I-I was just trying to take her home. I-I'm so sorry." I stuttered, a few tears falling down my face. I was so scared to lose her.

Her mom quickly pulled me into a hug and just kept reassuring me that it wasn't my fault. Afterwards we sat in the waiting room for what felt like forever. Finally the doctor came out and called for us.

"Is she okay?" Her mom quickly questioned the doctor.

"Y/N has a broken leg, a broken collar bone, and two broken ribs. When she came in she also had some internal bleeding but we already fixed that in surgery. She's already set up in a room and you can come see her if you'd like, she just isn't awake yet." The doctor informed us.

We followed the doctor into Y/N's room. Her parents went to one side of her bed and sat down, I went to the other side and sat in a chair. I gently grabbed a hold of her hand and just looked at her. Her leg was in a cast and her arm was in a sling. There were cuts on her face and on her arms. I knew the doctors said she would be okay but I wouldn't feel better until she opened her eyes.

The three of us stayed there all night. Both of her parents fell asleep in their chairs. I fell asleep holding Y/N's hand with my head on her hospital bed.

I woke up to the sound of Y/N groaning and squeezing my hand. My head jerked up to hers and a huge, relieved smile came across my face at the sight of her finally awake.

"Hey, baby. How you feeling?" I whispered to her, gently bringing my hand up to cup her face.

She smiled at me and then glanced over to see her parents still asleep.

"I'm okay. Pretty sore. What about you?" She asked me, looking concerned for me.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me, babygirl. You scared the crap out of me last night. I thought I was gonna lose you." I whispered to her, my eyes drifting down to the floor.

"I'm right here, B/F." She whispered to me, bringing her hand up to grab a hold of my shirt and pull me towards her.

I smiled and let her pull me to her. I brought my hand back up to her cheek and leaned in to kiss her on the lips. It was a sweet, passionate kiss that was cut too short by her father clearing his throat.

I stayed there in the hospital with Y/N until she was able to leave. I was so glad my girl was okay.