0.02: The Other Mikaelson

Liana's POV

For the first time in a long time, I can feel the blood rushing to my hands as I forced them to move. I had been aware of everything that has happened in the past centuries, forced to watch as the ones I love grow apart, so I know that little Hope Mikaelson was the one to break the curse that was put on me.

I forced my eyes to open, immediately blinded by the bright light that attacked them. It felt so weird that after all these years, I could feel, hear and smell once again. I remained still, slowly moving my hands and my eyes, observing my surroundings. Sure, I watched from the other side but it is so different. I shakily threw my legs off of the bed, standing wobbly on my feet. In a flash, I was at in front of a long mirror, assessing my looks. I didn't look any different from a thousand years ago, Nik really did keep me well groomed. Before I could make any other movement, I was shoved roughly back onto the bed.

"Who are you?" Hope said her eyes flashing a golden yellow before returning to their normal blue. Oh, she was so much like her father.

"Liana Mikaelson, pleasure I'm sure," I answered briefly before rushing over to the kitchen. What? I've been asleep for a thousand years, I'm a little hungry.

"Mikaelson? How are you a Mikaelson? I've never met you before, and I'm sure if I had another aunt, my father would have told me already." I sigh to myself, I wouldn't blame her. It was a really hard topic for Nik to talk about me.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm not your aunt. I'm your, as you like to call it, stepmother." I said before flashing her a grin and grabbing the glass of blood I had poured myself.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked again, blurring over to the seat in front of me.

"Well I'm married to your father, love." I replied as I placed the glass I was holding and raised up the hand that had the simple ring that Niklaus had made for me. It still sat proudly on my finger, looking a little like an antique collectible.

"That's...that's not true. You're lying!" She growled, slamming her hands on the table and breaking it into pieces.

"But it is." I blurred over to the painting that Nik had hanging up and turned it over, ripping the back cover before returning to my seat and shoving it into her hands.

I watched as her eyes swept over the words, glancing back up to me before glancing at the portrait again. I know that this must be hard for her to understand but the sooner she gets it, the sooner that we'll be able to get things done.

"Liana Mikaelson, 1089." She read out loud before setting it down and sinking back into the chair, "But how? And why were you like that when I found you?" She said to me with disbelief in her eyes.

"Well, the night they were all turned, Esther sought to use me as her power source, draining me so she can make them what they are all now. Vampires." I answered swiftly, taking another chug of the blood I was drinking.

"But if she used and drained you, how are you still alive?" She asked again, studying me.

"Simple. I was immortal even back then. She couldn't kill me, but he found another way to channel me without having me to fight her off. She put me in that magic-induced sleep that you brought me out of." I explained to her, before downing the last of the blood.

"You said you were immortal even back then. How?" She asked again, seeming more interested now.

"Well, I invented the immortality spell, love. If it also helps you to understand better, I was one of the very first witches. My sister and I created everything you know that is magical today." I answered her again. I could almost see the gears in her head turning rapidly.

"How old are you?" She eyed me more curiously now.

"Well that is a bit rude, but I am over two thousand years old love." I stood up, taking the glass with me and putting it on the table. I walked over to the opened balcony, hearing loud footsteps following me.

"So if you are that powerful, how come you couldn't break the curse yourself?" She asked.

"Well, she used Nik's blood and I needed his blood to break the curse and I couldn't exactly get it if I was unconscious now could I?" I answered keeping my eyes on the people passing by. Even at night, this city is still so alive.

"Is that why I was able to help you? Because I technically have my father's blood in me." The youngest Mikaelson realized.

"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'.

We just stood there silently. I was letting her process the information that I gave her. Even through all of this, she is still a child and every child adores their parents so this must be hard for her. Our moment of silence was broken by a voice that I haven't heard in such a long time.

"Hope! Where are you darling? Have you packed? Our flight leave is an hou-" Rebekah Mikaelson came strolling inholding two suitcases only to drop them once she her eyes landed on me.

"Hello, little sister," I said smiling and opening my arms for her. She stared at me for a second and then in the next second she was already in my arms, hugging me tightly and probably crushing my ribs. I basked in the warmth of her hug for seconds before she pulled away and stared at me.

"How are you here?" She asked, her voice just above a whisper.

"I helped her," Hope answered for me. I smiled. Now that she was here we could finally begin.

Rebekah stared at me again before her happy tears were replaced with sad ones. She began sobbing, making me stretch my arms and welcome her in an embrace again.

"Oh, Lian. Nik...he-he sacrificed himself for us." She sobbed into the white dress I was still wearing, drenching it.

"Shhh, I know Bekah, I know, I was watching over you all. But don't worry, we'll get him back. I promise you." I said, stroking her hair gently while Hope caressed her back comfortingly.

"How, Marcellus holds him captive. He's stronger now. He can kill us." She pulled back a bit, swiping at her eyes.

"He can kill an original but he can't kill me. You know that nothing can kill me Bekah. And nothing can also stop me from getting Nik back." I explained. I could see the hope swimming in both of their eyes.

"A Queen needs his King just as much as he needs her."

A/N: Lana's wedding ring up top