0.08: The Queen

Liana's POV

29 kicks, 31 burns, 47 punches, 17 pokes and a million curses later, I was still seated in the same chair I had been since Rebekah had barged in my room, just as I was getting ready for the ball, and forced me to endure the torture that is called a makeover. 

"Liana! Stay still!" Rebekah bellowed from behind me, pulling my hair yet again. She had already finished with my makeup and now she was attempting to make me go bald.

"What are you even doing Rebekah?! Stop it! Nik! Save me from your sister!" I yelled and struggled but I knew it was useless. Hope, who was sitting right beside me doing her own makeup and laughing her ass off, had put a privacy spell on the entire room making it impossible for someone to come and save me.

"Oh hush up, I'm nearly finished." She gave a few more tugs on my hair making the pout on my face grow even more. She smiled at me and put the device she had been using down. 

"Is it done? Can I move now?" I asked and she simply nodded and turned my chair to face the mirror.

I let out an audible gasp, not recognizing the woman in front of me. My once straight had been curled to perfection and the makeup making me look more stunning that I could possibly ever be. The dress hugged and framed my body well, outlining my curves. 

I threw my arms around Rebekah and hugged her tightly while whispering. thank you's in her ear. Once I pulled away, I look over to Hope who had been silently fidgeting since earlier. 

"How do I look?" I ask her, giving a little twirl and nearly tripping on the heels I was wearing. 

"You look badass." She smiled at me before doing a little twirl of her own, asking us how she looked. 

"You're gonna be the prettiest girl in there," I said to her, grabbing her hand and pulling her in for a hug. I felt another set of arms wrap around our figures and found that Rebekah had too joined in the hug. 

A knock sounded from the door, "Elijah asked me to come and get you lot. Best not make him mad." Kol's voice swept over us and made us pull back from the hug. 

"Right, let's sweep them off their feet shall we?" I pulled them both to the door and near the stairs. I look over both of them before ushering them down the stairs.

The moment I reach the last step, I'm being pulled to a strong chest. From the tingles that went down my spine, I already know who it is. I try to turn in his hold but he only tightened his grip around me.

"Mine." He whispered, his breath fanning over my neck making me float into could 9. 

"Niklaus, the guests are arriving. Go join them." I said, still out of breath and gestured towards the others, minus Davina and Hope, already making their way to the door as the first car pulls up out front. 

"I don't think so, love. I'm quite comfortable of where I am right now." He continued trailing kissesup and down my neck, only stopping when HOpe pushed him.

"Ugh, seriously guys? Go." She makes a waving motion with her hands and shoves Niklaus making him playfully glare at her which she returned with a flying kiss.

"Why aren't you joining them?" She asks me as soon as Niklaus was out of the room. 

"I will joing them later. I need a dramatic entrance of course." I said and winked at her, "Why aren't you?" I asked her.

"Socializing isn't really my thing." She tells me before walking over to the dessert table. 

I smile at her retreating form and look around the room, making sure that everything was perfect before making my way up the staircase, making sure that I was unseen. It was true. I was hiding for now because I want a dramatic entrance. But also because I need to seal us all in here as soon as everyone is inside. For the past two days I have been thinking of a way that I could show them who I truly am, without them running at the first glance of me, of course. I figured that since we were at war here, they should get to know the enemy. It's only fair.

Now I know what you're thinking, 'why would you do that? Are you crazy?'  It is because, even if they did know who I truly am, they would not be able to do anything about it I had made sure of it. And the first step to take in any war is always to strike fear in the enemy's heart. And that is exactly what I am going to do. 

I am broken out of my trance as Niklaus makes his way in front of me, giving me a small smirk, signbaling that it was almost time. 

"Goodevening. I know that all of you are confused and anxious as to why you were all invited here tonight." He starts and I watch as Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, Freya, Davina and Hope makes their way on both sides of the stairs with the girls on one side and the guys on the other.

"Well, I'd like to celebrated my return and the reunion of my family." He extends his hands towards me. I smirk to myself before laying my palm against his and moving towards where he was, finally revealing myself. 

"I have come to reclaim New Orleans as your King, along with my wife. Your Queen." He lifts my my hand in his and places a soft kiss on the back of it. I smile at him before turning to face the crowd who had their metaphoric jaws metaphorically dropped. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I bet they're so surprised that Nik has a wife. 

"Many of you do not know who I am. My name is Liana Mikaelson. I am the one you call Regina delle Regine." I watch as almost every witch in the room turn pale, recognising who I am. 

"Ivietre." Bow. I watch as all of them slowly bend down, their eyes wide and confused as their bodies move without their consent. After a couple of seconds, their bodies return to their previous postions making them even more confused. A couple of vampires rush to the doors, only to find them locked. I smile devilishly, watching as they grown even more anxious by the second. 

"Now that the introductions are out of the way, I hope you all enjoy. We will be joining you all shortly. I hope to meet each and every single one of you tonight. Let the ball begin." I smirk as everyones eyes grow even wider, fear now shone through them clearly. 

~*~

*peeks out of a corner*

*sees eveyone with pitchforks*

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!  I CAN EXPLAIN! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in almost a month. Exams came up but now that they're over, I'm gonna be updating every week or twice a week again. I am so sorry guys, I love y'all! I'm so thankful that y'all didn't give up on this book yet.