0.06: The Calm Before The Storm

Liana's POV

Do you know those moments when you feel like everything is just right in the world? Those moments that you feel like you're in your own little bubble of happiness? Well, that is exactly how I feel right now as I snuggle closer to the warm body next to me. My fingers tracing the tattoo on his shoulder. I look up to find him smiling down at me, looking like an absolute angel, contradicting what others think. 

"We have to get up soon. I'm sure all of them, especially Hope, wants to see you."  I say, giving him a quick kiss before grabbing his discarded shirt on the floor. 

After I finish on my jeans and boots, he still hasn't moved an inch instead only looked down and stare at his hands. I sigh before grabbing his hands and bringing them to my lips, kissing them softly. 

"She doesn't hate you, Nik.  She doesn't think that you abandoned her. You were the reason that she sought me out in the first place. She loves you and she misses you." I say, knowing that he was thinking that Hope hates himself for making her feel abandoned. 

I saw a brief flash of guilt in his eyes before determination fills them, "Well then, let's go see my daughter." He smiles at me before flashing away and returning fully clothed already. 

I let him take my hand as he leads the both of us down the impossibly high stairs and into the kitchen. Sure enough, everybody was there eating and chatting mindlessly with each other. I feel a slight squeeze of my hand and I squeeze back, letting him know that I was there for him.  When no one seemed to notice us, I cleared my throat slightly, effectively catching everyone's attention. 

Hope notices her father and in the next second she tackles him in a hug, making Nik smile and everybody watches as they both shed a few tears. I let go of Nik's hand and walk over to Rebekah who was standing against the counter with a mug of warmed up blood in her hands. Classy. 

As soon as I leaned against the counter, I felt arms wrapping me up in a warm hug. 

"Thank you." Rebekah whispers in my ear, ging me a last squeeze before letting go of me. I knew she was talking about me healing her. 

"What are sisters for?" I say playfully before grabbing myself a plate of pancakes. 

I turn my attention back to Klaus who was now hugging Elijah and Kol. I smile as I watch Rebekah and Freya invite themselves in the hug. I turn my attention to the plate of pancakes I was holding, cutting off a piece and preparing to stuff the delicious food into my mouth when suddenly the plate shattered. 

I turn to see that an arrow was shot right through my plate, impaling a pancake and sticking it into the cupboard. Everybody turns to me. Elijah walks towards the arrow, plucking it out and examining it. I turn my head at the direction where it came from and hear another arrow making it's way towards me before Nik suddenly flashes in front of me and grabs the arrow right before it hits my face. He grabs the note attached to it before carelessly dropping the arrow to the ground. I hear Rebekah and Kol flash away, probably to see who dared to shoot arrows into the home of The Originals. 

Nik passes the note to Elijah angrily before turning to look if Hope had been hurt. I grab the note from Elijah. There on the piece of paper was a single drop of blood that could only mean one thing. War. 

"Nobody was there. We checked the entire perimeter." Kol said with Rebekah by his side. 

"Marcel is sending us a message," Freya speaks up, now being the one reading the note. 

"Does he really have no value over his life," Rebekah says with a scoff. 

"Well, I will not have him terrorizing us in our own home. If he wants war, it will be war he would get." Niklaus says while grabbing the note from Kol and tying it back on the arrow before handing it to me. I smirk while watching the arrow erupt into flames before it disappeared in my palm. 

"What did you do with it?" Davina asks. I smirk, slightly.

"I sent it back to the sender. Only this time I didn't miss." I answered and watched as Nik shot me a proud look. 

"So what do we do now?" Hope asks quietly. 

I look at Nik and he gives a slight nod, showing me that he agrees with what I was thinking.

"Now, well now we show everyone the Mikaelson way of getting even," I smirk while dragging Rebekah with me. "We have a ball to plan everybody." 

You better be ready New Orleans, this is just The Calm Before The Storm.

~*~

Hi everyone! Thank you for 500 reads. I love y'all. I hope the chapter is not too rushed. I'm just so excited to get to the exciting part which would be the next chapter. Love y'all and I hope you like this chapter. I'm also sorry that the chapter is so short but I promise that the next chapter will make up for it.

P.S Klaus and Liana are super badass thoooo and I am honestly excited for the next chapter cos more bad ass scenes will be published. Hahahaha. ❤❤❤