0.14: The Beginning of the End

Liana's POV

The tall and dreary looking gates of Lafayette Cemetery glared back at us, serving it's purpose of effectively keeping out the unwanted.

I looked over at my side, my eyes meeting the familiar green orbs that belonged to the one and only Niklaus Mikaelson. I smile as his familiar smirk crawls on his face, giving my hand a small peck before stepping forward, touching the cold metal gates.

"Witches...come out come out wherever you are." He said tauntingly.

We stood for a few moments, silence engulfing the atmosphere before a hooded figure appeared.

"You are not welcome here, Klaus Mikaelson. Leave." The familiar voice spoke firmly before tugging their hood down.

"I would but first, my wife would like a little chat." He said, holding out his hand for me which I gladly enveloped on my own.

"We do not entertain murderers. Now leave, or else we will make you." Another witch spoke as more and more of them started gathering around their leader.

I smirked at the comment, letting go of Nik's hand and stepping forward until I'm grabbing the iron bars of the gate and smiling at them like a demented criminal would in a prison cell.

"You'll make us leave? And what power do you think you have left to do that? As I understand it, you all rely on your ancestor's magic and now that the Harvest didn't really go your way, I'm assuming your powers now only relies on the coven leader who has direct connection with your ancestors." I say languidly, careful to look each of them in the eyes before making direct eye contact with Bastianna who's wide eyes glared at me.

"What do you want?" The old hag asked through gritted teeth making me smile even more.

"To send a message. I wonder what will happen if the coven leader dies...will your magic just disappear?" I turn to Nik, "What do you think Nik?"

As I say this, I watch as the witches glare at me before grabbing each other's hands, ready to combine what little of magic they have left.

He grins and steps forward towards me before replying, "I think we should find out, love."

I smile at him as he stands beside me now, eyes flashing red and fangs showing their pointy end.

More witches starts popping up before Bastianna smiles deviously at me before raising her arms.

I feel the wind pick up around us, it's violent breeze nearly knocking us over. Seeing us sway on our feet makes her smile even more, thinking they now had the upper hand.

I only stare at her before waving my hand in front of the wrought iron doors, swinging it open in an effortless manner. As Him and I step through, I watch the chock that covers their faces and nearly double over in laughter.

"That little trick tickled, got any more?" I taunt at them, making sure to look directly in the old hag's eyes.

Her glare only intensifies before she once again raises her arms and I look over as I hear Nik crumpling over in pain, his knees hitting the ground as he grabbed his head.

"You dare com here and threaten us, in our place of power!" Her words were meant to frighten me yet what it only did was fuel the rage already burning within me.

I snap my fingers, never breaking eye contact. Almost instantly, I feel Nik return to my side, looking as murderous as ever.

"You truly think yourselves powerful", my voice booms across the silent cemetery and I watch as some young witches tremble slightly. As my eyes search the dull place, my eyes find a statue near a grave, the woman standing tall and holding a staff. The encryption reading 'Regina delle Regine'.