0.07: The Mikaelson Way

Liana's POV

"Nik"

"Mm"

"Mi amor"

"Mhmm"

"Niklaus!"

I laugh as he shoots out of the bed eyes wide open in alarm and fangs bared, ready to attack. I continue to giggle as he scans the room for any potential danger before his eyes land on me and he sighs, laying on the bed once again.

"Goodmorning, my loves." He whispers tenderly before planting his lips firmly on mine and on my belly, whispering a softer good morning against it. I smile down at him before attempting to stand up only to be pulled back by his muscular arm.

"Nope, there are plenty of things that needs to be done and you cannot persuade me to do otherwise," I say before walking into the ridiculously big wardrobe that he has.

As I finish putting my shirt on, I feel his arms snake around my waist.

"Are you sure that I can't persuade you into staying? We could be productive in here." His voice sends a tingling sensation throughout my body making me shudder.

"Mhmm...you are very persuasive Mr. Mikaelson but I'm afraid that if I'm not back down soon, your sister might just murder us," I say in the same sultry voice as his.

"Well, it's a good thing that we are immortal then, sweetheart." He said, trailing kisses up and down my neck.

His hands find my waist as I lean closer into him. My fingers find his chest, feeling the defined muscles through the thin material of his shirt. My hands find his neck and I pull him closer, sealing our lips in a heated kiss. I gasp into the kiss giving him the opportunity to slip his tongue in.

"We should stop." He pulls away, his words coming out in pants.

"Yeah." I lean my forehead on his, staring into the deep blue eyes I fell in love a thousand years ago. The eyes that have felt and shown pain and loneliness throughout the years.

"I love you." I whisper softly, knowing he would hear it.

"I love you too, my little wildflower." He whispers back, using the name he gave me long ago. My smile deepens at the name, not believing that he still remembers it 'till now.

"We get it! You love each other. Now, if you don't come out of this door in the next ten minutes, I will gladly break it down and Nik, you know I will." We heard Rebekah yell through the thin wooden door.

I throw my head back and laugh as Nik groans at his sister.

"I told you so. Now go change before she makes do with her threat." I say through uncontrollable giggles at the cute pout he has on his face. He pecks my lips for the last time before whooshing away to get ready.

~*~

"Formal or cocktail?" Rebekah asks, making me look up from the checklist that I was making.

"Formal. It would be best. We are sending a message." I say before listing another decoration down, my voice almost echoing throughout the silent house.

Nik, Elijah and Kol had all gone as soon as breakfast was finished, saying that they had 'guy business' as they called it, to take care of. Hope was still in school and Freya along with Davina were practicing new spells, leaving Rebekah and I the only ones currently inhabiting the manor and we chose to start the planning without the others.

"Have you asked my brothers about this?" Rebekah questioned, writing down numbers for the decoration stores we would be buying from.

"No, I do not need to ask permission from them. This ball is happening whether they like it or not. If they do not like it, then too bad, they will just have to suck it up." I answered sassily making her laugh.

"Lia, I'm glad that you're back in my brother's life and back with us as well. After your death, Nik became convinced that love was a vampire's greatest weakness and he shut everyone off. But now, now you're back and everyone can see that you had brought along with you that light that he had lost the night when he lost you." She took my hands lightly encasing them in her own, "Thank you."

My eyes fill with tears and I could see hers starting to fall freely down her face. I wrap my arms around her tightly.

"Umm... are you guys okay?" I hear Hope ask from behind me. Rebekah and I pull away from each other just in time to see Hope setting down her bag and make her way over to us.

"We're fine darling, just some well-needed girl talk," I respond, smiling as she scans the multiple pieces of paper we laid out on the table in Nik's study.

"You're planning a party? I thought we were planning against Marcel, not a party." She said, looking at the Rebekah and me for an explanation. I just smile at her innocence.

"We are plotting against Marcel, sweetheart," Rebekah says, not looking up from the brochure she was reading.

"How in the world is throwing a party supposed to help us?" She asks again, settling down on the chair in front of us.

"We are sending a message. Marcel expects us to cower in fear, knowing that he has a means to end an Original. He expects for us to scatter to the furthest corners of the world, running away from him. But instead of cowering away, we will show every supernatural being in New Orleans that we are a united front. Through the Mikaelson way of course." I explain to her, watching as understanding flashes in her eyes. She smirks, reminding me so much of her father.

"Can I help then? I know a thing or two about throwing parties." She asks shyly, picking up a pen and a piece of paper, asking Rebekah what she would have her do.

I watch in pride and amusement as she argues with Rebekah, her winning every argument about the designs and decorations. She is so much like her father. I know that I will have to tell them the truth sometime but not now. I must find the right time.

"Oh my god! We still don't have dresses and the ball is in three days!" Hope suddenly shouts, breaking my train of thoughts.

Before I can respond, the door opens with a loud creak, making all of us turn our heads to find all three Mikaelson men covered in blood and standing in the doorway looking at each one of us confused.

"And what ball are we talking about?" Nik asks as he walks up to hug Hope who gives him a look, making him realize that he was still covered in blood so he walks over to sit next to me on the couch.

"The one we are having in three days apparently," Kol remarks snarkily, pouring himself a drink before settling on the couch in front of us.

"What is the purpose of this ball and why were we not informed immediately?" Elijah asks while wiping his face with a handkerchief.

"We are sending a message, dear Elijah. We are once again united. We need to show Marcel that we will not cower in fear. So you all should have your suits prepared." I said, threading my fingers with Nik's.

"Well then, I guess we are having a ball in three days."

~*~

A/N: Guys!!! I love y'all. This is part one and I will be publishing part two tomorrow so get ready for a pretty kickass chapter.