Chapter I

Exhaustion drips out of my every pore and I know for a fact he can sense it. "Faster, Azex," he snaps from the corner. Seconds later, my face contorts in pain and my body is flying backward onto the floor. I let out a harsh gasp and wheeze for a moment. Azex looks hesitant to come up to me, but when he snaps from the corner again, Azex readily kicks me in my rib cage.

I howl and the demon inside of me begs to be released. I luckily fight it and just curl up into a ball. I'm now the one who can sense his frustration. "Azex, you can retire now," he speaks from the corner. I hear his shoes hitting the ground seconds before a shadow towers over me. He looks down at me and tsks as Azex walks away. "I told you to fight back," he crouches down to his face is somewhat level with mine. I dare to glare into his black eyes, my stomach rolling in trepidation and he lets out a growl. "No dinner tonight," he snaps before kicking my shin and walking away. I lie on the mat, staring at the ceiling. I wonder if it is really worth it. Is life really worth it?

If I wasn't used to it by now, I'm sure I would seriously consider grabbing one of the countless weapons hanging on the wall and cut myself. Only I remember him. I remember his brown eyes, the way he would chuckle at my embarrassment. Through all the horrors, Theodosius has become my one anchor. He keeps me stable during a storm, and although he isn't here, I know he will come.

No, he won't, the menacing voice inside my head whispers. It's been there ever since I appeared here. 

Three weeks. 

It's been three weeks since I have taken a breath of fresh air and it's been three weeks since my inner self and the malicious voice have been at a constant verbal war. It brings me to the brink of insanity when I sometimes have to clutch my temples and let out a deep sob.

Theodosius has to return. It's the only thing making me...me.

My demon side begs to take over, but I know what that means. No emotions. Just like Theodosius when I first met him. The demons inside his brain took over and he closed himself off to the world. Only mine would be like that since I am literally a demon. A dark, forbidden demon.

I remember showing up here like it if was yesterday. But I remember being told exactly what I am as if it was an hour ago.

Grim disappeared from my sight and a whoosh of cold air welcomed me as Jeremiah the angel and Thaddeus the God of Life disappeared beside us, leaving me in the hands of three very evil people. I looked around me and see Rowl, the demon that is currently possessing my friend Turner, mystery burgundy suit guy from the Blackout bar and last but definitely not least, Satan. Yes, Satan.

The devil.

He had a smug smirk on his face as we transported from my house to a dark and broody house. The place seemed empty of anything light and was filled with creepy half-broken statues of demons. The darkness catches up

One gargoyle hung on the side of the big, welcoming staircase leading up to the moth-eaten bedrooms. The other gargoyle was pushed off and was in a crumble of concrete and rocks. I could practically see the girl running through the house because it looked just like an eerie horror scene. I imagined a man chasing a half-naked blond with a chainsaw and her screaming bloody murder. Maybe a murder had happened here, my inner self had sneered. There was a giant, obvious, red stain on the floor beside my foot.

"What do you want with me?" My voice was strong and demanding which was surprising since I shook like a leaf in a windstorm. Satan glanced at the demons on my side before nodding his head. They nodded before Rowl removed his hand from my arm and walked with the man. I hadn't realized how much I was relying on Rowl's familiar presence until he disappeared and I felt like hyperventilating.