Chapter V

Satan watches as Azex pushes me back. My feet pound on the ground as I try to push him off of me, but I eventually fall. My head hits the ground and I let out a yelp before reaching up and holding my head.

"You need to fight back," Satan hisses. I no longer care. I want to die.

Azex grabs my upper arm and yanks me upward. I don't even wince as he slaps me across my cheek. It swells up but I feel no pain. The wall holds up, not letting any emotion show on my face. Azex gets angered by this and pushes me back to the ground.

The sound of a chair scraping makes me look up to see Rowl standing and staring at me. Worry coats his face seconds before Satan glances at him. Rowl nods before sitting back down. I look at Satan then and see his eyes narrowed in thought. He tilts his head before a smirk grows on his face.

"If Cassiopeia won't fight Azex, maybe she will fight Rowl," Satan turns to Rowl again. Rowl's head snaps to Satan, his blond hair bouncing.

I can see he wants to object, but he can't. Satan is his master. Rowl quickly nods before switching spots with Azex. I stand up and ready myself. After yesterday, I wonder if he will take an easy on me.

My eyes meet his and I know he can see my silent begs. He hesitates as he clenches his fists, his jaw doing the same thing. I see the war going on behind his eyes before the bad side wins. His eyes shed all emotions and he glares at me. I almost shrivel up like a raisin. "Go," Azex hisses.

Rowl doesn't hesitate, his hand comes out and punches right across my shoulder. I just fall back a little bit. No motivation lines my arms, a downside of the wall surrounding my mind and heart. He punches again, but I can sense he pulls his punches. His fist barely touches me, yet I fall back. I crumble onto the mat with my eyes lacking focus. The demon inside of me hates being pushed down into submission, but I don't dare let him free.

Rowl looks to Satan, but Satan just motions to me. "Make her bleed."

That's when the sound of a dagger cutting through the air hits my ears. My eyes widen. Never once have real weapons been introduced to me in the ring. I had gotten used to punches, kicks, and slaps, but never an actual weapon. Rowl just stares at the dagger that landed perfectly beside his feet.

I look up at him as he stares down at me. I cannot find it within myself to even fight back as he swiftly bends down and picks the dagger up. It's long and crooked with foreign words written across the bottom. I stare at it as Rowl comes to tower over me. I await the sweet bliss of death.

Only it doesn't come.

Rowl drops the knife beside us, and his eyes stare into my own. Something within his eyes surprises me: determination. He swallows down before turning to Satan. I know what is about to happen.

"No," Rowl growls out defiantly.

Satan isn't shocked by this. His gaze just darkens. "This is what happens when you fall in love," Satan sighs before standing up. Rowl stands his ground. "It makes you crazy and weak. Look at you, standing up to me, your master."

Rowl just twitches before bending down and grabbing me. I'm too shocked to run away as Satan approaches. Rowl loves me? "Cassie does not deserve this fate," Rowl shakes his head. I notice how he does not deny his feelings.

"I let you get close to her to spy," Satan hisses. "Not to fall in love. You stupid boy!"

I can sense Rowl's anger boil up in him and he wraps a strong arm around my hips, locking me to him protectively. "I can destroy you," Satan hisses. "How dare you stand up to my authority? You are a pathetic demon."