Chapter One

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter One

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Are you sure this is what you want to do Mila?" Camila's mother Sinu asks, looking at her daughter.

Nodding her head, Camila fixes her outfit. "Better than going against father."

Sinu sighed. "Your father shouldn't have a say in who you love."

Shrugging, the nineteen year old turns and looks at her mother. "I don't want to fight mama."

"What happens if this girl doesn't produce a male air? Your father will kill her and the baby if it's not a boy." Sinu told Camila.

"And his father should've killed you and I when I was born but he didn't." Camila responds with a shrug.

"Because you can produce a male air. You have a dick, Camila. Your genetics determine whether your children will be male or female." Sinu responded.

Rolling her eyes, Camila takes a deep breath. "I just don't get why we're having a fucking party for me to meet these girls."

"Language." Sinu said, nodding towards Camila's younger sister, Sofia, who was playing a game on the computer. "Your father wants you to so that you can announce who you are marrying live on television in front of the whole world."

Sighing, Camila shakes her head. "This is so stupid."

"You're the one who decided to announce it on national television that you were looking for someone to bare your children. Now the whole world is watching and waiting for news." Sinu said.

"How much longer?" Camila asks in response.

"Longer?" Sinu asked.

Rolling her eyes, the nineteen year old sighs. "Are you that fucking stupid? I'm asking how much longer until we leave."

"Language!" Sinu said calmly.

"Camila!" Camila's father's voice echoed through the open-plan living room and dining room. "Don't speak to your mother that way!"

Mumbling under her breath, Camila leaves the room, she was ready to get this over with.

"It's time for the party." Alejandro said.

****

Looking around the room, Camila groans, there had to be at least a hundred girls here.

She spotted a dark haired green-eyed girl sitting on her own, watching everyone else.

Tilting her head to the side, Camila slowly makes her way over to the green-eyed girl. Ignoring the other girls that were practically throwing themselves at her.

The green-eyed girl spotted her and rolled her eyes. She stood up and walked in the opposite direction.

Frowning, Camila continues to follow behind her. Gently grabbing her arm once she's close enough.

The girl jumped and spun around on her heels. "What?" She snapped in surprise.

Releasing the girl's arm, Camila holds her hands up. "Sorry, you just seem like the only interesting girl here, plus you aren't throwing yourself at me and I like that."

"Maybe because I don't want to be here. My father forced me into this. I want to be at home studying for my exams, not here watching this." the girl responded, crossing her arms over her chest.

Nodding her head, Camila looks into the girl's eyes and bites her lip catching her attention. "What's your name planet green eyes?"

Lauren furrowed her brows. "Planet green eyes?" She rolled her eyes and turned to walk away again.