Chapter Two

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Two

XXXXXXXXXX

"Hey, why'd you go home early yesterday?" Dinah asks as she sits down beside Lauren.

"Why do you think?" Lauren muttered, pushing the food around on her tray with her fork. She didn't have much of an appetite.

Frowning, Dinah glances toward Ally and Normani before looking back at Lauren. "I don't know, that's kinda why I asked."

Lauren turned her head away and stared at the floor blankly. "She took me to one of those fertility people then she took me to her home and raped me." She muttered.

Ally immediately moves over to Lauren and wraps her arms around her. "Oh sweetie,"

Lauren's body tensed in Ally's arms, her eyes dull and tired.

"I'm sorry this has happened to you." Ally says softly.

Lauren brought her lower lip between her teeth and bit down on it hard in an attempt to stop herself from breaking down.

"Can you stay the night for our end of the year sleepover?" Normani asks softly.

Lauren shrugged in response. If she was honest, she'd completely forgotten about the sleepover.

"Do you have to ask?" Dinah asks questioningly.

Lauren squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't respond out of fear of breaking down.

Ally just holds Lauren close and looks at Dinah, nodding her head.

Lauren buried her face in Ally's neck and let her tears fall.

****

"I made pasta." Camila says as she sits down beside Lauren.

Lauren didn't respond. She had her eyes on her notepad, scribbling down the answers to the questions her teacher had given her.

"You need to eat." The older girl says, sitting the plate on the table beside Lauren's work.

Lauren didn't even look up. She just kept her eyes on her notebook, occasionally glancing at the book on her lap.

"Lauren, eat." Camila commands, moving the book.

Lauren looked up. She let a growl out of the back of her throat and grabbed her book back. She picked up her notepad and left the room.

As soon as she got to her room, Lauren realizes what she'd done.

Now Camila was going to hurt her again.

Slumping down on her bed, Lauren sighed heavily. She threw her notepad at the wall in anger.

Not even a few minutes later, Camila walked into the room and stared at Lauren. "You need to eat." She said calmly.

"I'm not hungry." Lauren muttered, her eyes on her crumpled notebook on the floor.

"Why?" Camila asks softly, sitting down beside Lauren on the bed.

"I'm not hungry." Lauren repeated.

"I asked why," Camila responds, looking at Lauren.

"Because I'm not hungry. How else am I supposed to say it?" Lauren growled.

Shifting, Camila turns and grips Lauren's chin, looking into her eyes. "What have I said about your attitude?" She asks calmly.

Lauren pulled her head away from Camila's hand. "Can you just leave me alone, please?" She asked.

Anger flashes in Camila's eyes. "No."

"I asked you politely. Please, just leave me alone." Lauren repeated.