Chapter Three

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Three

XXXXXXXXXX

Two months later

"You look gorgeous baby girl." Clara says softly as she squeezes Lauren's shoulder.

Lauren didn't respond, staring down at her feet. She didn't feel comfortable or gorgeous.

"I know you hate dresses but at least Camila agreed to let you wear regular shoes instead of heels." Clara says softly, kissing the back of her daughter's head.

Lauren crossed her arms over her chest and turned to her mother. "How can you be okay with this? I'm not. This is against my will."

"I'm not okay with it either Laur but we can't back out." Clara responds just as there is a knock on the door and Camila's mother walks in.

Lauren shook her head and looked away.

"Hey sweetie, it's almost time, but I brought you something borrowed and blue." Sinu says softly, walking over to Lauren with a light blue hair clip.

"Don't call me sweetie, you don't have the right to do that." Lauren snapped. "I don't want it." She turned away.

Sighing, Sinu moves over to Lauren. "I was in your exact position twenty-four years ago." She says, looking into Lauren's eyes. "Alejandro was to marry and needed a wife. My father signed me up against my will and I was chosen. His mother came to me with this exact hair clip on the day of our wedding and it has been passed down through generations of the Cabello line."

"You're nothing like me." Lauren's snapped. She moved away.

"Lauren Michelle! Apologize right now." Clara commands, staring at her daughter.

"Why should I?" Lauren turned to her mother. "This isn't what I want. If she sees that then her husband might see that. You and dad might see that. Camila might see it and I can go. I can finish school and go off to university without any issues. I can live my life how I want to live it." She blew the air out of her lungs. Her body was shaking and her hands trembled. Her eyes were watery with tears that she wouldn't let fall. Her heart raced in her chest.

Sinu shook her head and sighed. "I may see it Lauren, but Alejandro won't. Camila didn't want this either but she has no choice. If the wedding doesn't happen Alejandro will kill you both."

Lauren froze, like she's seen a ghost. She paled and looked like she might pass out.

"That is why it is important you get married today and I know for a fact that Camila is nothing like her father." Sinu tells the younger girl softly, taking off her cardigan to reveal bruises. "Camila and her father had a fight as soon as she saw these this morning."

Lauren's eyes were blank. She didn't want to face it. She didn't want to have to go through with this.

"It's time." Sinu says softly before putting on her cardigan and leaving the room.

She had left the blue hair clip on the table.

"You're putting this on." Clara says, picking up the hair clip and moving over to her daughter.

Lauren flinched away from her mother's hands. "No." She mumbled. "I don't want to."

"I'm not giving you a choice." Clara responds, grabbing Lauren's arm and putting the clip in her hair.

"Ouch." Lauren whimpered.

Two hours later

Camila kisses the side of Lauren's head as they have their first dance as a married couple. "You look stunning."

Lauren only hummed in response.

Moving closer, Camila whispers in her ear. "I will never force our child to marry at such a young age."