Chapter Eight

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Eight

XXXXXXXXXX

"Where's Camila?" Clara asks, sending her daughter a worried expression.

"In her office, working." Lauren responded.

Clara frowns and shakes her head. "She needs to eat and get some sleep, she's been locking herself in there everyday this week."

"She did eat. I watched her." Lauren said, she looked back down at her work. She'd recently joined an online school and had been doing work from home. She didn't have the confidence to go back to school.

"Lauren, she's been in that office all day today and you've been in here." Clara says softly.

"I watched her eat." Lauren responded.

Sighing, Clara shakes her head. "When?"

"About two hours ago." Lauren said, scribbling down an answer to one of the questions.

"Okay," Clara responds with a soft sigh.

Lauren continued to try and do her homework.

"Do you need help?" Clara asks softly.

"No. I'm fine." Lauren responded.

Nodding, Clara responds, leaving the room.

Lauren put down her pen and sighed heavily. She ran her fingers through her hair and squeezed her eyes shut.

Her homework was starting to stress her out.

She didn't know what to do and didn't know who to ask for help.

"Do you need help?" Camila asks softly, walking up behind her and kissing the top of her head.

Lauren shook her head. "I don't know what I'm doing. I've had so much time off school that I feel like I'm so far behind."

"Let me help you." Camila says in response.

"I don't know if you'll understand it." Lauren mumbled.

"Sure I will." Camila responds, sitting down beside her. "I am a college graduate remember."

Lauren swallowed. She handed Camila her work and rubbed her face with her hands, knocking her glasses off her face.

Camila grabs the work and begins looking over it. "Oh, okay I can help with this."

"I hate math." Lauren muttered. "I can't do it. Numbers are too confusing."

"I understand completely." Camila says softly before beginning to explain everything to Lauren.

Lauren sat beside Camila with a confused look on her face.

Seeing her confused expression, Camila slows down and tries explaining in a different way.

"I'll never get math." Lauren sighed heavily after Camila had tried to explain it for the third time.

"It's okay Laur, this stuff is tricky." Camila says softly, kissing her gently.

"Why do I even need to learn math?" Lauren mumbled.

Camila laughs softly. "Nobody really knows."

"Well, I'm not learning it. I'll never use it." Lauren said.

Sighing, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "You have to learn it."

"Why? I'll never use it." Lauren responded.

Kara walked into the room at that moment.

"Kara! Do you use math?" Lauren asked.

Kara looked up. "Math? What kind of math?"

"This math." Lauren handed Kara her note book.

"No. I don't." Kara said after analysing the work in front of her.

"See, no one does, Camz. I'm not learning it. I'll never use it. It's a waste of time." Lauren said.