Chapter Nine

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Nine

XXXXXXXXXX

"Camz?" Lauren calls out, she was confused on where her wife had disappeared to.

She walked through the big house which seemed emptier now that she couldn't find Camila.

"What's wrong?" Lena asks as she sees Lauren pass her room.

"Camila's gone." Lauren responded. "I can't find her."

Frowning, Lena runs a hand through her hair. "We can ask Clara if she knows."

Lauren nodded. "Why would she leave without telling me? Did I do something wrong? Is it because I'm not great at taking care of the twins?"

"Let's not think like that, let's go see what Clara says." Lena says softly, leading Lauren to find Clara.

Lauren followed Lena, biting her lower lip anxiously.

Clara was in the kitchen, washing the dishes.

"Mrs. Jauregui. Do you know where Camila is?" Lena asked once they were in the kitchen.

Turning around, Clara looks toward them both. "She left a note this morning, something about a last minute business trip."

"Why wouldn't she wake me up and tell me?" Lauren asked, she sniffed.

Sighing softly, Clara moves over to her daughter. "She more than likely wanted to let you sleep."

"She doesn't love me anymore, does she? She doesn't want to be here because I'm not good with the kids." Lauren let the tears fall from her eyes.

"That is not true." Kara says walking into the kitchen. "She loves you more than anything."

"Then why did she leave without telling me?" The green-eyes girl sobbed.

Kara sighs and decides to tell Lauren the truth. "She went to confront her father."

"Why would she do that?" Lauren wiped her eyes with the backs of her hands.

"He found us." The older girl says softly.

Lauren paled. The world around Lauren began spinning and the room seemed to close in around her.

"Camila went to kill him." Kara finishes softly.

"Laur, are you okay." Clara asked, stepping closer to her daughter who appeared to have stopped breathing.

Gasping for breath, Lauren looks at Clara. "She's going to get herself killed."

"Hey, Hey, Hey, don't think like that. Camila will be fine." Clara wiped her daughter's tears away and pulled her close.

Lauren immediately curls into her and breaks down.

Clara rocked them slowly, rubbing her daughter's back softly. "Shh, Shh, She'll be fine Lauren." She whispered into her daughter's ear.

The green eyed girl slowly relaxes into her mother.

Lauren sniffed and hiccuped, tears still rolling down her cheeks, her nose running too.

****

Three weeks later

Camila slowly made her way into the house and ran a hand through her hair.

She spotted Lauren on the couch in the living room, staring blankly at the wall across from herself.

"Hey," Camila says softly, moving over to her wife and kneeling down in front of her.

Lauren let her eyes fall to Camila, a blank look on her face.

Biting her lip, Camila reaches out and caresses Lauren's cheek. "I'm sorry."

"You left." The girl croaked out.