Chapter Ten

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Ten

XXXXXXXXXX

A year later

"Mama!" Charlotte yells excitedly when Camila walks into the nursery.

"Hey, princess. Let's get you up and ready for daycare." Camila said.

Lauren came into the room and moved to wake Tony.

Pouting, the one year old shakes her head. "Stay wif you!"

"You have to go to daycare." Camila said softly.

Charlotte pouts even more and just reaches for Camila.

"Don't give me that look." Camila said.

A small whine escapes Charlotte and she continues reaching for Camila while pouting.

"No!" Tony whines, moving away from Lauren's reach and curling back up on the pillows.

"Tony." Lauren said softly. "Come on baby."

Shaking his head, the little boy curls into a ball and pulls the blanket over his head.

Lauren sighed and lifted the little boy up. She pulled his blanket away and dropped it back in the crib.

"No!" Tony cries out, he didn't like being up during the day, he was more of a night owl.

"Tony." Lauren said sternly.

Shaking his head, the little boy begins squirming in her arms.

"Tony." Lauren repeated sternly.

"No!" Tony yells, still trying to get away.

"Tony, stop it right now." Lauren said.

The one year old immediately bursts into tears, Lauren had never raised her voice at him.

"Behave, Tony. You are getting up and going to daycare and that's the end of it." Lauren said calmly.

Tony just buries his face in her neck, and continues to softly cry.

Lauren sighed, she rubbed his back softly.

Camila was still having a hard time with Charlotte who was giving her the famous pout that Camila always gave into.

"Laur, why don't we just keep them home today?" Camila asks softly, giving into the pout.

Lauren turned to Camila. "No." She shook her head. "They have to go. If they don't go they won't settle in properly and we have paid a hell of a lot of money to get them in there."

"But Laur, I can afford to pay them whatever they need. Let's just keep them home today." The older girl responds, picking her daughter up and holding her close.

Truth is, she was going to have a really hard time being away from her kids.

Lauren shook her head. "Whatever." She put Tony back in his crib and left the room.

Frowning, Camila shifts Charlotte on her hip and follows after Lauren. "Are you really mad at me?"

"No." Lauren said. "I just think they should go in."

"I understand but I don't like forcing them to do things." Camila mumbles.

"If we don't send them to daycare they won't learn." Lauren said.

"Can't we just get then a tutor?" Camila asks, shifting Charlotte.

"No. I want them to go to daycare and make friends." Lauren said.

Sighing, Camila looks down at a now sleeping Charlotte. "Can we wait until they are three?"

Lauren shook her head. "The earlier they go, the better they will settle in."

Pouting, Camila looks at Lauren. "But I don't want them to grow up."