Chapter Four

XXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Four

XXXXXXXXXX

Three months later

Lauren shifted anxiously as she waited for it to be time for school. After a few months, she'd finally gotten used to doing what Camila asked and sure she still gave Camila trouble but not to the point that she got herself in trouble.

"Do you have everything?" Camila asks, walking into the kitchen.

Lauren looked up at Camila. She nodded once.

"Lunch card." Camila says softly, holding out a payment card for lunch. "You have enough money on here for the entire year and the ability to buy snacks and drinks whenever."

Lauren nodded. She took the card and put it in her pocket. "Thanks." She mumbled before moving to pour herself some coffee.

"Laur, do you want to do any sports this year?" Camila asks softly, she was trying to be more lenient.

Lauren shrugged. "Depends what clubs are on." She responded, pouring coffee into a mug an lifting the mug to her lips to take a sip.

Nodding her head, Camila moves up beside Lauren to make her own coffee. "Don't forget after school we have your driver's test."

Lauren released a long breath. "That's why I need coffee." She responded.

"Just one cup, you know how you get." The older girl says softly, kissing Lauren's forehead. "I'll drop you off and once you get your license we'll see about getting that car you want."

"This is my first cup." Lauren responded. She nodded slowly. She swallowed thickly, the thought of going to school and seeing her former friends and siblings made her feel uncomfortable. She'd done her best to detach herself from them so they wouldn't get hurt if she turned up dead, but now she'd have to face them in school.

Noticing the change, Camila sighs softly. "You didn't have to pull away from them Laur. I promise nothing bad is going to happen to you or them."

"I did." Lauren responded. She put the mug down on the counter and moved to pick up her bag. "I think I'll walk to school." She mumbled before moving to leave the house.

"No." Camila says calmly, following behind Lauren and placing her hand on the door.

"I want to walk." Lauren said.

Camila shakes her head. "I told you no."

"Why not?" Lauren asked.

Taking a deep breath, the older girl gently turns Lauren around and looks into her eyes. "I like taking you to school, knowing that you got there safe."

"It's a five minute walk." Lauren said. "And I'll call you when I get there."

Shaking her head, Camila leans in and kisses her slowly and passionately.

Lauren didn't kiss her back but did let her eyes fall closed.

Reaching up, Camila gently cups her cheek and tilts her head to deepen the kiss.

Lauren pulled back. "I'm going to be late."

"No you won't." Camila whispers softly, leaning in and kissing her once more.

"I have to go to my locker and see the swim coach before classes start." Lauren said before Camila's lips touched hers.

"Shh," Camila mumbles against her lips before deepening the kiss, she could feel Lauren relax against the front door.

Lauren eventually let herself kiss Camila back.

After a few minutes, Camila's body is flush against Lauren as they make out against the front door, one arm wrapped around Lauren's waist.