Chapter 4: Worry

I woke up.

Right.

I sat up, and I still had none of my clothes on. I pulled the covers on the bed over my chest. That felt a little better. I looked over at Peridot. There wasn't any fur covering her now. She was human.

I sighed and lay back on my pillow. For some reason, I felt so anxious. I didn't understand why. I wanted to know why I felt so worried.

Peridot woke up and stretched. When she was done, she grinned at me happily.

"Good morning, Lapis," she said. "How are you?"

"I don't know," I answered.

Peridot's expression hardened. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I don't know, again," I answered. "I just feel so anxious."

"It's okay," Peridot responded. "I'm right here. You don't need to be so worried."

I sighed. "I don't know how to stop," I said.

Peridot held my hands and looked at me. She smiled a gentle smile and kissed my cheek.

"You need to relax," she said.

"How can I relax?" I asked.

"I can help you relax," Peridot answered.

I sighed again. "Well, I don't have any other ideas, so why not?" I responded.

Peridot leaned over me with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You're very cute like this," I said.

"I'm not trying to be cute!" Peridot cried. "I'm trying to make you relaxed." She half-smirked, trying to bring back the mood.

"Okay, okay," I responded.

Peridot leaned in and kissed me. I smiled. Things escalated quickly after that. Neither of us were afraid this time. We both wanted this. As usual, it felt so good. Every time she started something, I just wanted more. Soon, my worry was gone, and I was flooded with good feelings. When she was done, Peridot looked at me and cracked a smile.

"Feel better?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I feel great."

"Good," Peridot replied.

I sat up and pushed my hair back. Peridot watched me with a smile on her face.

"I think I'm gonna take a shower," I said.

"So soon?" Peridot asked.

"I'd rather not look like this for the rest of the day," I responded.

"Yeah," Peridot said. "I get that."

I slid off of the bed and walked to the closet. I picked out a comfy outfit. Then I began to walk to the bedroom door.

"Mind if I join you?" Peridot asked.

I looked back at her. "Uh, I'm not really sure," I answered.

"That's alright," Peridot said. "I'll just wait for you in here."

"Why are you so nice?" I asked.

"Hey, I want you to make yourself comfortable," Peridot answered. "I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. If you don't want me to come with you, then go by yourself."

"Thanks," I said.

I walked out of the room and into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was messy, as expected. I set my clothes down on the vanity and walked into the shower. It seemed easy to work with, and, like everything else in the house, looked very expensive. I spent a little while in there and stepped out. I was immediately shivering. I very quickly wrapped a towel around myself and sat down on the bathmat. I felt feelings of worry beginning to bubble up inside. I was just fine. Why was I worried?