Chapter 1 : The Man in the Chicken Costume

Before starting this fic,

The fictional characters used here are Mumbo and Grian's Minecraft personas, even when interacting in a real universe (I just gave Grian's persona blue eyes for the purpose of the intrigue). If this story bothers them in any way, I will delete it. When talking about the characters backstories everything (including characters) is purely fictional and is in no way intended to cause any inconvenience to Mumbo or Grian. 

________

- Hey, we should do that again sometimes !

Mumbo smiled, as he heard the joyfulness of his friend's voice.

- Yea, sure Iskall, cya later !

He paused for a second, pressed F5, and continued "Well folks, that about wraps it up for today, hope you liked that episode and if you liked it then make sure to subscribe, I'll see you in the next one, bye bye !"

He clicked on the end recording button, and sighed. He just finished recording his latest Hermitcraft video, but he really wasn't interested in editing it right now. It seemed to him that everything was bland lately, and he had lost his usual cheerful face. He kept doing the videos, of course, his audience really seemed to appreciate them, but it couldn't help that down feeling. He kept pretending to be his usual self, even with his friends. He hated it, lying and holding the mask while playing with his friends, but he couldn't bother them nor the audience.

As he chased down those thoughts, he still managed to pull up a tiny smile on his face as he remembered the week to come. He was supposed to go in London for a Minecraft event, and most of the hermits would be there too. He hoped that going away and meeting his friends elsewhere than through a screen would manage to cheer him up. Not wanting to lose that spark of hope, he decided to go pack his suitcase. He reopened the Minecraft window, flew into his AFK spot in between all of his farms, secured his items in a chest and blocked his spot so no phantoms would come and attack him. He stood up from his PC chair and was about to leave when he heard a distant rocket noise. He stopped, and sat back on his chair to spectate what was to come. He looked closely at his screen to make out the nametag.

Grian. Of course.

That sneaky Grian would always be here to cause trouble to Mumbo whenever he was AFK. A smirk appeared on Mumbo's face. For once, he was here to spectate the prank master and he decided to scare him off. Grian slowly destroyed the blocks surrounding the supposedly AFK man and flew back to his base to get some pranking material. Mumbo's smile stretched, and when he heard Grian was far enough, he quickly looked into the chest and grabbed his stuff and sword. He put it in his inventory so he could reach it fast, and went back into his original position. He turned up his volume so he could hear better and be alert of Grian's next travel to his base. He waited a bit, and finally heard the little rocket noise. He stayed still. As he watched his screen, he saw a Grian with a chicken head and some white leather armor.

His hands hovering over his keyboard were shaking of impatience, his finger ready to hit the right click. And when the prankster was finally reachable, he jumped on him, and slayed him easily, Grian being too surprised to even react.

Grian was slain by MumboJumbo using THE FORK OF FRIENDSHIP

<Grian> GOSH YOU SURPRISED THE HECK OUT OF ME

<MumboJumbo> Hey, you were the one who sneaked on me !

<Grian> Haha true enough. How ironic, killed by my own gift !

<MumboJumbo> Well, seems like the power of friendship can destroy everything... even poultryman...

<Grian> It was not me !

<Grian> It was the man in the chicken costume !

<MumboJumbo> I know everything, you can never prank me again >:)

<Grian> Yea yea, we'll see...

And as Mumbo typed those answers, he realised he was now really pumped up. As devilish as Grian could be in his pranks, especially his latest one where Mumbo had to work his way out of obsidian with his bare hands, there was a kinda special feeling he conveyed, and it had put Mumbo in a good mood again. He now felt ready as ever to pack all his stuff.

__________________

Hello to you, new reader !

I'm really sorry, this first chapter is very short, but don't worry, the next ones should be longer. Don't hesitate to leave a review, I'd love to hear what you think about it. Anyways, sorry if the style is a bit cranky, I'm not a native English speaker so I do struggle sometimes.

See ya soon !

Mysaat