Chapter 2 : 'Fraidy Mouse

As minutes went by, so did Mumbo's nails. He was so stressed out he kept chewing on them, his feet repeatedly stomping on the floor. Today was the big day, flight to the UK ! He was really excited but all the same really nervous, though there was no specific reason to be. He paused a second and after a quick glance on his hands he sighed. He had ruined them, not one nail was the same height as the other. He sighed again, leaned back on these uncomfortable metal chairs and closed his eyes, trying to get them as far as possible from the unpleasant sight of his hands. He thought about all the late work he had to do. He did try to edit the latest Hermitcraft video on the plane but couldn't focus on it. He found it too flat, not entertaining enough and it had annoyed him quite a bit, so he had decided to shut down his PC and chill. He would have to do it anyway in the end because his audience was expecting it to come out soon, except if he did a vlog and

- MUMBOOOO ! He heard, as he felt a pinch on his shoulder

- WHA ! He shouted, as he jumped and shuddered in shock.

He heard a high-pitched laugh.

- Man, you sure are some 'fraidy mouse, said a voice with a British accent.

Mumbo turned to find a laughing Grian mocking him.

- Well I sure wasn't expecting to have some crazy person shouting my username in the middle of the airport ! By the way try speaking instead of shouting, it might help you seem less crazy in front of the crowds ! Mumbo answered with an amused face, as he saw the face of the Grian himself in front of him.

- Meh, looking like a fool is my speciality, don't you know that already ? The Englishman said, with a daunting look.

-Huh, well I guess I should have expected that, sure, he responded very calmly.

It's weird how Grian's sudden appears would always make him at ease, would it be here in the airport or behind a screen. He was such an energetic laughing mess that it always soothed Mumbo, took him away from his troubles.

- We should probably go, I told the others we'd join them in the hotel as soon as I picked you up.

- Oh yea sure, erm, by the way, thanks for coming to pick me up, I uh... It's real nice, Mumbo said, intimidated.

- Hey. Grian replied, with a solemn tone, stopping in his tracks. He got close to Mumbo's face. Mumbo began to stress out and felt the urge to bite his nails again, eat his whole hands to blood if needed, seeing such a serious face on his friend.

- Don't worry ! It's not a problem dude, I'd come and pick you up anytime, so don't hesitate ! Grian continued, changing his dark face to a joyful and playful laugh.

Mumbo relaxed a bit, and shook his head as if it could clear his thoughts. Of course, he's just playing around, it's Grian. But, he wondered, it's weird that it did make me so nervous. Guess I could really use some sleep, huh.

- You coming or what ? Don't get too lost in your thoughts mate, you're gonna have to be wide awake for the Con !

Mumbo laughed nervously.

- Sure, don't worry.

And he followed the smaller guy. They wandered a bit in Heathrow's Airport, getting lost three times because Grian wasn't paying attention and got distracted way too easily, but Mumbo didn't mind. Being in a foreign country gave him some new things to stare at and think about, and he felt really relaxed and chill. He still wasn't as cheerful as his usual but at least he didn't feel completely dull. He had some time, why not enjoy it and do whatever ? YOLO as they say, well that's exactly how Mumbo planned his trip. They finally managed to find the exit, and after nearly crushing the toes of a random old lady with his rolling suitcase, Mumbo followed Grian to a green car. He dunked his suitcase in the trunk, and then sat down in the front.