Chapter III - Skeletons In The Closet.

That night...
I looked at the moon across the lake, seeing the campfire from the shack was kinda painful. Technically, Jason told us we can't kill the kids but the counsellors.

"It's cold." Lazari stood next to me snuggling herself in my warmth, but I'm actually cold.
"I know, love. It's always cold."
"What's wrong?"
"I'm scared to lose you, Lazari. You nearly died today."
"I'm sorry. I acted stupid." She started to cry blood.
"Hey, it's not your fault. Just be more careful, OK? I just don't want your dad to pulverize me."
"OK."  I kissed her forehead and went back inside.
Unknown's POV
So the tides turn in my favor, Crescent. I looked at his pale face along with the Hivemind's daughter. And I can't believe they're dating. He's supposed to be mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! I turned back to my normal self and disappeared into the black.

The next morning...
I woke up, holding Lazari close, or as in my case, she turned demon and locked me in her grasp. "Ow. She really can't let go of you, huh?" EJ held in a laugh.

 She really can't let go of you, huh?" EJ held in a laugh

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Mind getting me out of this?"
"Give me a minute." And after 5 minutes, EJ got me out.
"Thanks EJ."
"I dealt with her when she was little so yeah, got bit by her, too.
"You got bit by Lazari?"
"Yep. Big nasty scar." He rolled up his sleeve and shown me his scar.
"Just like X."
"Yeah, but seeing how he's infused with you, you're immune to it."
"That's why."
So for the rest of the day, we hid in plain sight, mostly sharpened our weapons and modified them, I turned into X to work on the musket we got in Hell.
The Executioner's POV
Something's wrong with Crescent. He's depressed?
"X, you OK?" Ann asked.
"Crescent's depressed and it's weird."
"He's scared of losing Lazari, I think?"
"Maybe, I felt him feeling a bit scared and overprotective of her. And then, he's hiding something."
"Yeah, I've seen that look."
"Nurse, I'm OK. Just mentally drained, that's all." Looks like Crescent overheard.
"You sure? I'm worried about you, man."
"I'm fine. Just that something's coming back to haunt me."
"What is it?"
"You'll see soon enough."
"He's actually hiding something, Ann."
"He did say you'll see soon enough. I miss you, X."
"You know why we had to break up."
"Crescent. It didn't make sense I date a killer with a demonic self."
"Exactly. And seeing how he's dating Lazari, we didn't want Zalgo get the wrong idea."
"Yeah." She felt down, and I'm feeling bad for that.
"But hey, at least we still work together. We'll always have our backs." Toby nudged my shoulder.
"Slendy needs you both, X."
Back in the shack...
"X, Crescent, I know we agreed to keep the kill intake small, but, we need to kill something."
"I was afraid of that. Let's all split up but Ann and Lazari go with us."
"Something wrong with Crescent?"
"Yeah."
"Do what you can to make this right."
"Thanks, Slendy."