Another Father/Daughter Talk

Yeah I hit a wall
I prayed that I would make it through, make it through
I can't survive a life that's without you, that's without you, yeah
And I will rise up from the ashes now, the ashes now
Oh, the sparrow flies with just the crumbs of loving spilled, yeah
- Sledgehammer (Cover), Miia

Yeah I hit a wallI prayed that I would make it through, make it throughI can't survive a life that's without you, that's without you, yeahAnd I will rise up from the ashes now, the ashes nowOh, the sparrow flies with just the crumbs of loving spil...

I didn't argue with Tony when we flew away. The plane ride back was really quiet. Awkward. For the first time, Tony didn't say anything to me. He was deep in thought the whole way back home. I should have gone back to Strange and continued my training, but this is more serious.

What about Peter?

What about him?

He's sad. Don't you want to go see him? Make him better like he did with you?

I'm not going back. He'll be fine.

Will he? Tony took away his suit. He's crushed. Come on, Raven. Go see him. At least do something to brighten his day.

Why did I create my separate emotions anyway? If I'd known they'd be this much trouble then I would have gotten rid of them in the first place. Maybe Strange can teach me.

Like it was going so well the first time?

》》》》

More silence. I went towards my room. I thought Tony would go back to work, but he followed me. Once we went in, he gently closed the door before crossing his arms.

"All right, let's hear it," he started. He shook his head. "Hold on." He went towards my closet and threw one of my old outfits. "Put that back on. If I'm going to get scolded at least look like yourself and not some video game character."

I glared at him as I went towards my bathroom. "Excuse me if it's not one of your designs. I don't really want to fly around in a robot costume. And you do deserve some scolding." I came out in my old suit. "What you did was unreasonable."

He gave me a look. "Unreasonable? That kid was supposed to leave everything for the FBI if it wasn't for him..."

"If it wasn't for him, then we wouldn't have found out about the weapons," I pointed out. "I get that he screwed up, we all do, but that doesn't mean you should take away his suit. It's like if I took away yours for fighting with Cap."

"No, you don't bring him into this. Those are two completely different."

I tilted my head to the side. "Really? How? While we fought to make sure those Accords were signed, he wanted to fight because he didn't believe that we should stop doing what we're doing." I got closer to him. "And if I recall, we both didn't go through the whole Accords. I'm not suppose to be here."

"No, no, no. Raven isn't supose to be here."

"Yet, Rachel Roth is. Face it, Tony, you can change my name all you want but I'm still that girl who's suppose to go back home. Back to Azarath. I decided to stay for you. Cause you've made me part of something." I crossed my arms when I was in front of him. "I want you to be honest with me. If there was a device that could take away my powers, would you do it?"

Tony didn't back down. "I wouldn't need to 'cause you know how to handle your powers."

"Ok, then let's just say that there was another alien attack. I screwed up because I put thousands of people in danger. Families, mothers, fathers, kids. If there was a device that could take my powers away, would you do it?"

"No," he answered. "Cause I've seen you at your worst. I know what you can do -"

"And how is that different than Peter?"

"Because I'm not in love with the kid." I shook my head. "Face it, Raven, you love the kid."

I backed away. "No, I don't." I went over and sat on my bed. Love? With Peter? There's no way. "I'm a demon, I don't feel anything."

Tony slowly nodded as he walked up. "Raven, you seem to be forgetting you're half human." He grabbed one of my chairs before sitting in front of me. "And that human half can feel something like love. And I honestly believe that you're in love with the kid."

I glared at him. "I don't love him."

"Oh, really?" Tony practically scoffed. "That boy has gotten more emotion from you in two days than I've gotten from you in two years. If you don't call that love, then what would you call it?"

See? Even Tony noticed.

He pointed at me. "If this was someone else, then we wouldn't be having this argument." He pointed towards my chest. "There's a small part of you that cares for the boy. I've seen it. Back in Germany. And don't think I've noticed your little trips."

"How do you know?"

He grabbed my communicator and held it up. "Installed a GPS." I gave him a look. "What? If anything happens to you, then I would like to know where you are."

"What? Did you install a video recorder too?" I still can't believe he added that to Peter's suit.

Tony reached around me. "Not..." He pulled my hood up. "...with this hood. I'd figure you'd didn't want me to invade your privacy."

My lips twitched. I gave him a light smile. "Thanks."

"It got a smile from you. That's a win for the both of us."

"Well, it would be bigger if you gave Peter his suit back." Tony rolled his eyes. "Tony, you saw how crushed he looked..."

Tony shook his head. "Just had to ruin the moment." He got up and started making his way out. "I'm not giving him the suit back."

I disappeared into the floorboard and appeared in front of him. "Then what about a second chance? Doesn't he at least deserve that?"

"Lovebirds," Tony mumbled under his breath, which I rolled my eyes in response. "Fine, I'll make you a deal. If loverboy behaves then he'll get his suit back." I rolled my eyes again. "Don't give me that look. He's always calling you every day." I raised my brow this time. "Fine, I've been recording your calls too."

"Gee, thanks, Dad," I said sarcastically.

He grinned. "Anytime."

"Is that all? Peter behaves and he can get his suit back?"

"Not exactly. This next part is going to be for you." I don't like the look on Tony's face. That grin became a teasing smirk.

Oh, god. What do I have to do?