Getting Ready

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
- Can't Help Falling in Love with You, Elvis Presley

Wise men say only fools rush inBut I can't help falling in love with youShall I stay?Would it be a sinIf I can't help falling in love with you? - Can't Help Falling in Love with You, Elvis Presley

I've never was the type of girl to care about what dress to wear. Or to wear a dress at all for a dance. But I couldn't help but feel a bit...bubbly. The thought of going to a dance with Peter has made me happy. I found this dress that was more like me. It wasn't too bright. It wasn't that girly.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Rae Rae?" I heard from behind

"Who are you and what have you done to my Rae Rae?" I heard from behind. I turned to see Tony standing at the threshold.

"Very funny," I deadpanned. I looked towards the mirror. "I'm just going to a dance."

Tony did a double take. "Excuse me? You and dancing in the same sentence. I must be losing my mind."

I tilted my head. "Think what you want. It's not like I'm already nervous or anything."

Right on cue, the books near me lit up before they exploded. Tony used his hands to cover his head before the hardcovers could hit him.

"I can see that," he said.

I sighed. "Believe it or not, this is my first dance. I just want it to be right." I lowered the skirt a bit to smooth out the wrinkles. "Do you think he'll like it?"

Tony came closer. "Well, he'll be an idiot if he doesn't." I looked at him through the reflection. "You really look beautiful, Raven. And I'm not going to joke about you wearing a dress for the time being. Not just because I know you'll slap me if I do."

"Smart move."

Tony turned me around. "Let me get one look at you." He moved my hair out of my face before he looked me over. "Yup, it's true." I gave him a confused look. "You really are happy."

I gave him a small smile. "I think I am."

Tony smiled back. "Ok, well, as your guardian I'm going to lay down some rules. One, be back before 12."

I gave him a look. "Tony -"

"Fine, make it 1. Two, under no circumstance, are you allowed to release your inner demon without me being here. I don't want you to lose control of yourself again. Three..."

"Tony -"

"What? I was just going to tell you to have fun." He slowly nodded. "Wow, you're actually going to a homecoming dance. My little girl is growing up."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Did you want a hug or something?" Tony smiled. "Oh, fine." I held my arms out and hugged him. I saw something flash and looked up to see Tony with his phone out. "Really, Tony?"

"What? This is probably the only time I'll see you in a dress. Would you have let me taken a picture of you?"

"No."

"Which is exactly why I did it?

I rolled my eyes again. "Fine." I waved my hand and moved the phone away from his hands. "If you want a picture at least take one with me."

Tony tilted his head to the side as he wrapped his arm around me. "Has Rae Rae gotten soft?"

"Don't make me hit you," I said.

"Shutting up. Now smile."

"No."

"Close enough."

Tony smile for the camera. The phone flashed a bit before it floated back to him. When he looked at the picture his brows shot up.

"Oh, wow," he started. He let out a little chuckle. "You actually smile for this picture."

"Now you can't say I'd never smile," I said. I sighed as I looked back towards the mirror. "And I heard about parents taking pictures of their kids before their first dance. So, I thought the moment fits."

Tony nodded. "They do. Well, not mine." Another smile came to his face. "My little girl is going to her first dance." He raised his brow in the mirror. "Do I need to play the parent who threatens the boy?"

 I shook my head. "No, um, I think he knows." I heard the doorbell. "He's here."

I started walking downstairs. "Raven?" Tony called out. I turned and look at him. "Have fun."

"Thanks," I said as I went towards the door. I smiled as I opened the door to reveal Peter in a tux. "Hi."

Peter's eyes went wide. "Oh, wow."

I looked down. "Is this ok? I didn't know what to wear and it's not really my kind of clothing -"

"No. No, it's..." Peter smiled. "...it's perfect. You look beautiful, Raven."

"Thanks."

Peter gave me a nervous chuckle before he looked down. "Oh..." he held out a blue corsage towards me. "I got this for you."

I furrowed my brows. "What is it? Is it like a tie or..."

"No, um, it's like a bracelet." Peter gently grabbed my hand as he opened the box. "You just tie it around your wrist like that." Peter wrapped the band around my wrist. His eyes didn't leave my hand after he tied the band. "It's perfect."

"It's beautiful, Peter."

"So are you." His eyes widen as he looked up at me. "I'm sorry. I, um, I ruined the moment didn't I?" He chuckled again. "It just came out. I thought I said it in my head and -"

I smiled at him before giving him a quick peck to shut him up. "It's ok." Peter smiled at me again. We heard a honk and turned. I furrowed my brows when I saw that girl, Liz, waving at us. "What's going on?"

"Oh, um, Liz might have overheard me talking to Ned about how I'm going with you and how I didn't know how we might get there. She offered to drop us off with her dad and date. I hope that's ok."

"You know I could just fly us?" I asked.

He nodded. "I know. But I wanted this night to be special. And to tell the truth, I didn't think you'd go to the dance with me." He bit his lip. "Or kiss me."

"That's because I like you," I blurted out. My eyes widen. Oh, god. I thought that was Happiness talking.

"You like me?" Peter asked happily. I could see his cheeks tint a bit.

I opened my mouth to answer, but Liz's dad honked the horn again. We looked back to see Liz scolding her dad while her date wanted to be anywhere but here.

"We should get going," I said.

Peter nodded. "Yeah, we should." Peter and I walked down the stairs. "You like me. You really like me," he sang.

I gave him a look. "Shut up."

》》》》

A/N: Keep voting people! And for those of you who are wondering, yes you can vote for one of the girls to be Raven's love interest. I'll let you guys know who is in the lead next chapter.