Most Awkward

What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me?
What are you wondering? What do you know?
Why aren't you scared of me? Why do you care for me?
When we all fall asleep, where do we go?
- Bury A Friend, Billie Eilish

What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me?What are you wondering? What do you know?Why aren't you scared of me? Why do you care for me?When we all fall asleep, where do we go?- Bury A Friend, Billie Eilish

Gee, talk about awkward. I've been through pretty awkward situations but this might be the worst. Beast Boy was just looking at me and I couldn't help but look at the ground. I shouldn't care about how guilty I feel but I do. But what do I say to the guy I left behind. I never meant to hurt him like that.

Cyborg scratched the back of his neck. "Well...this is awkward."

Beast Boy shook his head. "No. No. This..." He cleared his throat as he started walking down the steps. "This doesn't have to be awkward. We're all friends here, right?" Beast Boy looked at me. "Right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. We're all friends."

Beast Boy slowly opened his arms out. He didn't know what to do with them so I took a step closer. We wrapped his arms around me while I brought one of my hands up and patted him on the back. Ok, if this isn't awkward then I don't know what is. And I have never been grateful that Starfire decided to cut in.

"Oh, wonderful!" she wrapped her arms around me and Beast Boy. "All of our friends are here. We can finally have the party of house warming."

"House warming?" I asked.

"Yeah, we've been teaching Star some new words," Robin said. "But the guest of honor is here. We can finally start catching up. Cyborg?"

Cyborg held his arm up. "Already on it." He typed a few things and the music started to blast. He had a big smile on his face. "Oh, yeah. The party can begin but first..." he rushed over to the table and grabbed a plate, "burgers or tacos?"

》》》》

I sighed as I held up my other communicator. Tony knew I went to visit my old friends and wanted me to check in once I got here. But the party went a little longer than expected. They said they left my room the way it is in case I ever decided to come back. Well, Cyborg said it was Beast Boy's idea because they knew how much I hate people going into my room. When I stepped into it I never felt so out of place. My old purple walls. The dark artifacts were still locked up.

"So how was the party?" Tony asked. "I expected there to be alcohol spiked in your tea."

"I don't do alcohol," I said. "But the party is just what I expected."

"Because I'm not there, right? It's not really a party unless I'm there."

"No, but I wish you were here to ease the tension."

Tony winced. "That bad. Ok, it should be that bad. You haven't seen your friends for some time and you just showing up out of nowhere might have surprised them."

"It wasn't them I was talking about."

"Oh, your Beast Lad."

"Beast Boy," I corrected. "We barely spoke since I got here."

Tony made a face. "An ex-boyfriend that doesn't want to talk to his ex who just left him. The horror. And what do you mean you're alone. I thought your friend Peter was going with you. For some reason, you two are attached to the hip."

I raised my brow. "Tony, you know Peter and I are dating."

"What? Since when?"

"Since homecoming," I slowly said. How does he not remember this?

"Huh? I thought you just went with him out of pity."

I gave him a look. "No. And Peter isn't exactly with me now. I might have told him to stay home."

"That's incredibly stupid if you ask me."

"How?"

"Because you are giving your team hope that you'll come back. Once they see that you've moved on then they will too."

I ponder at Tony's words. Yeah, the whole party. The way the team acted like everything was normal. They're acting like I didn't leave in the first place. I mean, look at me. I'm still in my old suit. I haven't used the suit that Tony made me or I haven't exactly talked to them about the Avengers. Sure, they might have heard about it online but they don't know the whole story.

That's when the alarm started going off. Oh, I remembered how much I hated that sound.

"What's that?" Tony asked.

"It's the alarm. There's trouble," I answered. "I'll call you back."

"Hey, remember you're not a Titan anymore. Make sure your team knows that."

And Tony ended the call after that. I sighed as I sat up and pulled my hood up and left. First night back and there's already trouble.

》》》》

A/N: Three more chapters until IW! Who do you think the Titans will face? And keep voting. Bucky is still in the lead!!