Wake Up

And I'll rise up
I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up
I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
And I'll rise up
High like the waves
I'll rise up
In spite of the ache
I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousands times again
For you
- Rise Up, Andra Day.

And I'll rise upI'll rise like the dayI'll rise upI'll rise unafraidI'll rise upAnd I'll do it a thousand times againAnd I'll rise upHigh like the wavesI'll rise upIn spite of the acheI'll rise upAnd I'll do it a thousands times againFor you- Rise...

Peter carefully pulled the latch off the roof before he used his web slinger to lower himself. My eyes glowed as made a small opening with my magic before floating in. The warehouse had all these monitors set up with a few display cases with weapons in them. I got a closer look on the screen and noticed a camera pointed at the Avengers tower...the old one. Peter tapped my shoulder and pointed below. I turned to see Adrian's metal wings on display.

We both jumped down and continues looking through the building. It was empty besides Adrian looking over something at the table. This is good. He doesn't know we're here. We have the element of surprise.

"Hey!" Peter yelled. I guess the element of surprise is out of the bag. Adrian turned around. "Surprised?"

"He would have been more surprised if we just attacked him before," I whispered. Loud enough for Peter to hear.

"Oh, hey, Pete," Adrian greeted. "Raven." He finally turned around. "I didn't hear you two come in."

"It's over," I said. "We got you."

Adrian sighed. "You know, I gotta tell you...I really, really admire your grit. I see why Pete like you, what I don't understand is why you like him." He motioned to the two of us. "From what Liz told me, you two seem like quite the opposite."

"Opposites attract," I answered as we got closer.

"How could you do this to her?" Peter asked, meaning Liz.

Adrian gave us a weird look. "To her? I'm not doing anything to her, Pete. I'm doing this for her."

Peter didn't believe him and neither do I. "Yeah." Peter shot his web slinger out and stuck Adrian's hand on the desk, tipping his beer over.

Adrian sighed. "Guys...you're young. You don't understand how the world works."

"Believe me, I do," I said. "I've been doing what I do for years, Adrian. I understand how the world works. And you selling your weapons to criminals is wrong."

"How do you think your buddy Stark paid for that tower? Or any of his little toys?" I get it. Tony made some mistakes in the past but he making it up. Adrian doesn't know shit about Tony. He just believes what he reads in newspapers. "Those people...Those people up there...the rich and powerful, they do whatever they want. Guys like Pete and me...they don't care about us.

"We build their roads, and we fight all their wars...and everything, but they just don't care about us. We have to pick up after them. We have to eat their table scraps. That's how it is."