epilogue

I rolled my eyes as I looked at my phone. No text from Jungkook. Did he really forget my birthday? We had been dating for two years now and he never forgot my birthday, our anniversary, ANYTHING.

I sighed and sat back in my seat. Esma, Hailey, and Nia all exchanged glances.

"Still hasn't said anything?" Esma asked sadly.

I nodded, looking at my hands.

"Well screw him. You have us! Now let's eat all this good ass food we have" Nia gestured to the food in front of us.

I smiled weakly, "You're right Nia. I'm glad I have you guys."

————————————————————

I knocked on Jungkook's dorm room.

No answer.

I knocked again.

Nothing.

I rested my head against the door and sucked in sharply.

Where is he? I've been calling and texting all day. When I woke up this morning, he was nowhere to be seen. Something is up.

————————————————————

I trudged to Esma's car.
As soon as I entered, a blindfold was wrapped around my eyes.

"The hell?!" I yelled.

I heard Hailey and Nia giggle. "Trust us!!"

I crossed my arms and huffed, "Fine."

We shortly arrived at the mystery destination. I was guided out by Hailey and Nia. They took me on a long walk, up hills and shit.

"Okay. One. Two. THREE!"

They ripped the blindfold off, revealing all the boys standing in front of me, except one.

"SURPRISE!!"

I smiled and hugged them all, but was crushed to not see Jungkook among them.

Jimin slipped something into my hand as he walked away with the others. I looked down to see a piece of paper.

"Follow the trail"

I looked down and saw a trail of roses.

My eyes lit up and the others nodded for me to follow.

I followed the rose petals, leaving my friends behind me.

After walking for about two minutes I reached the destination, Jungkook and I's special place. The hill overlooking the city.

My jaw drops as I see Jungkook sitting on a blanket, smiling at me. He had a whole dinner prepared in front of him yet he looked like the real meal. He wore a nice suit and had his hair parted, in the way I loved it. He stood up and walked over to me, grabbing my hands.

"You really think I could have forgot?"

"I hoped not" I said, slightly laughing.

He rubbed his thumb over my hand, "Well... little did you know."

I quickly pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him, catching him off guard. He kissed my back and moved his hands down to the small of my back, picking me up. I giggled through the kiss as he set me down on the blanket. He laid on top of me and stared at me, hungrily. He picked himself up off and sat down next to me.

"As much as I would like to finish that, I have a gift for you" he says, revealing a small box.

"Oh no Jungkook you really didn't have
to—"

"Shhhh" he puts his finger over my lips.

He opens the box, revealing a beautiful silver necklace with an infinity sign hanging down.

My eyes widen at the sight and I cover my mouth, in awe.

"Do you like it?" he asks sheepishly.

"Do I like it? I LOVE IT!!"

I throw my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

He laughs as he wraps his arms around me, "The infinity sign is a symbol of us. Our love is forever."

I release him from the hug and hold his face with my hands.

"I love you" I whisper, leaning in for a kiss.

"Forever."