Indycar Accident - Pierre Gasly

#13 "I thought you were dead"
~~~
For my girl, _marisatamayo !
Hope you like it!!

As you were about to cross the start/finish line halfway through the race, there was a big crash behind you. Parts of the cars involved were scattered all over the track, making it hard to avoid. You felt a car bash into the back of your car, causing yours to spin around multiple times. Something the car had run over caused the car to flip, making you even more scared. It then hit the wall. You couldn't feel anything.

You layed there for what felt like hours. Hours of pain and hours of worrying. Someone then pulled your car out of the wall. You were pulled out of the car and put into a stretcher in the back of an ambulance. They sent you straight to the hospital.

"Right, Grace, you have 2 fractured vertebrae, 3 cracked ribs and a broken wrist. You will need emergency surgery on your spine" the doctor said before disappearing.

You were prepped for surgery and anaesthetised.  The rest was a blur.

British IndyCar driver, Grace Wright, has been sent into emergency surgery to repair broken vertebrae following an accident earlier on this morning

xxx

*5 weeks later*

Pierre rushed to the hospital, after receiving a phone call saying you were waking up. He arrived at the hospital and ran up to the room you had spent the past 5 weeks in. He quickly spoke to the doctors who gave him the lowdown on what was happening.

"Grace, mon amour, I'm here" Pierre held your hand.

You squeezed his hand.

"Come on bébé, you can do this" Pierre said.

You opened your eyes to see the love of your life, Pierre, holding on your hand.

"I thought you were dead" Pierre said.

"Pierre what happened?" You asked.

IndyCar driver, Grace Wright, has now woken up after 5 weeks in a coma

"You has surgery on your spine and have been in a coma for the past 5 weeks" Pierre said, "but your okay now chéri, I won't let anything happen to you".

"I love you" You said.

"Je t'aime aussi" Pierre said.

Pierre kissed you hand.

"I have something else to say" Pierre said.

"Go on" You encouraged.

"All of this happening has made me realise how precious life really is. Grace, mon amour, I love you with all my heart. You bring light to the darkest times. You lift me up when I'm down. You make me laugh. When I am around you, it is impossible not to smile when you smile. Your laugh brightens up my day. You are the most gorgeous woman ever to walk the earth. You deserve the absolute world" Pierre got down on one knee and pulled out the most beautiful ring, "Grace Wright, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"Yes!" You said through the tears.

Pierre slid the ring onto your finger. He stood up and kissed you passionately.

"Je t'aime, Pierre" You said as you wiped away the tears.

"Je t'aime, Grace" Pierre said.

Ring for reference