Explainations - Daniel Ricciardo

#16 "I can explain"
~~~
Requested by @sof_f1
So so so sorry about the, what, 3 month delay or something like that. The other few One Shots will be up in the next couple of weeks as I'm off from Friday.
Enjoy!

You sat down on the sofa in yours and Daniel's apartment with your head in your hands. You couldn't believe what had happened earlier on.

Max had been acting weird around you for a while but you didn't think it would lead to anything. It did. He pushed you up against the lift of your apartment building and kissed you. You pushed him away and got out of the lift even though you were 4 floors away from yours. You shook your head and tried to forget about it but it was impossible. What would you tell Daniel? You loved him dearly but you didn't want him to leave you because of Max.

You sat thinking of how to apologise Daniel. You couldn't just say "Hey, so Max kissed me earlier on", you knew Dan so well and you knew full well that wouldn't end in the best of ways. Would it make everything awkward between Dan and Max? Oh god. You sighed heavily as you looked at the clock and realised Dan would be home any minute.

Your stomach sank as you heard the door unlock. You had been dreading this moment all day. God, you felt ill just thinking about it.

"We need to talk, (Y/n)" Daniel said.

"I can explain" You said.

"Please do" Daniel said, sarcasm quite evident but you chose to ignore it.

You nodded and walked over to Daniel. He began talking.

"So you seem to have gotten up to quite a bit earlier" Daniel started, "Am I not good enough for you? Is that why you kissed Max?"

"Why don't you listen to what happened first before you go making assumptions?" You raised your voice.

Daniel agreed.

"So I came home earlier and bumped into Max in the lift. We were talking and all of a sudden he pushed me against the wall of the lift and kissed me. I didn't know what to do. I pushed him away and got out of the lift. And now I can't stop thinking about it" You ranted.

"What? I'm supposed to believe that?" Daniel said, raising his voice slightly.

You stayed silent.

"Why would he do that?" Daniel's voice got louder.

"Do you actually think I wanted this? I've been here all afternoon practically crapping myself and this is what I was scared of - you getting angry at me, even though it wasn't my fault" You raised your voice too.

"I need to go and have a word with Max, I'll be back in 10 minutes" Daniel got up and headed towards the door.

"Don't do anything you will regret later" You shouted, although you trusted Dan, you didn't want him to do anything he wouldn't normally do.

xxx

Daniel walked back through the door about 10 minutes later he looked still slightly angry.

"I'm so sorry (Y/n). I should have realised it wasn't your fault. I got angry in the moment" Daniel apologised.

"Dan, it's fine, we'll it's not but you've recognised where you went wrong. I forgive you. Do you forgive me?" You responded.

"Of course"

"I love you with all my heart, Daniel Joseph Ricciardo" You said as he walked closer to you. He cupped your face and kissed you.

"I love you too, (Y/f/n)"